Easy Street (the Hard Way): A Memoir by Ron…

Easy Street (the Hard Way): A Memoir

by Ron Perlman

I've loved Ron as an actor for many years, so I am glad I finally had a chance to read this. It's a fascinating tale of how he got into acting and has tales of those he met along the way. ( )
  ktlavender | Jul 17, 2017 |
I listened to the audio of East Street: The Hard Way specifically because it was narrated by Mr. Perlman. I love his voice. The book was very interesting. Following Mr. Perlman's journey from a poor family to movie star, and it is not an overnight transition, was fascinating. The journey is not only his career but his personal life and his spirituality. What I really liked was Mr. Perlman's frank discussion about mental health issues including his own bouts with depression. Listening to him narrate his own book was almost as though he was talking directly to you. His emotion comes through quite well. What I could have done without was the language. I understand this is a large part of his form of expression (I have a brother who has lived in Brooklyn since 1973 and he expresses himself the same way) but I would not be able to share this book with teens or people easily offended by language. This is probably a much better audio book than a book. As an audio book it seems like a sincere conversation. I hope Mr. Perlman uses his platform as a celebrity to help raise awareness of mental health issues. ( )
  nhalliwell | Nov 13, 2016 |

The candid, hilarious, and inspiring memoir of the iconic star of Beauty and the Beast,the Hellboy movies,and Sons of Anarchy.

A classically trained actor who cut his teeth in the East Village’s Off-Broadway scene, Ron Perlman—a Golden Globe winner (Beauty and the Beast) with starring roles in the Hellboymovies, Drive, Pacific Rim, and Sons of Anarchy—has traveled an offbeat path to showbiz success. His story involves rising from New York’s tough Washington Heights neighborhood, enduring incredible hardships, and ignoring the naysayers who taunted him for his distinctive looks. It’s a tale that demonstrates the power of persistence.

With a filmography of nearly 200 credits working alongside countless stars during his forty-year career, Perlman knows the ins-and-outs of filmmaking. In Easy Street (the Hard Way), he shares his inspiring story for the next generation of performers.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:42 -0400)

"The engaging, passionate, always-honest, and often-hilarious memoir of actor Ron Perlman-his triumphant story of perseverance and determination navigating the slippery slopes of Hollywood.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,550,527 books! | Top bar: Always visible