Color Connection: From a Retailer's…

Color Connection: From a Retailer's Perspectives

by Joan Callaway

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byreaderlibrary
    The Child Whisperer, The Ultimate Handbook for Raising Happy, Successful, and Cooperative Children by Carol Tuttle (readerlibrary)
    readerlibrary: DYT book "word portraits" PLAGIARIZED Joan S Callaway book "WORD PORTRAITS" (more than half of words exact match!) Examples in my review there https://www.librarything.com/work/15250842/book/111618412; "word portraits" in "Dressing Your Truth" book & "It's Just My Nature" are almost the same, and there is crossover between those books and Child Whisperer. Callaway's book is on how to dress in the Caygill 4 -type system and has alot on Yin Yang typing.… (more)
    Dressing Your Truth, Discover Your Type of Beauty by Carol Tuttle (readerlibrary)
    readerlibrary: compare the 4 "word portrait" lists in It's Just My Nature with Color Connection by Joan Callaway which was written decades earlier. Looks like Carol Tuttle (DYT) plagiarized Joan Callaway's book. (Dressing Your Truth book has almost identical word lists to It's Just My Nature)… (more)
    It's Just My Nature! by Carol Tuttle (readerlibrary)

DYT book "word portraits" plagiarized Callaway book "word portraits" (more than half of words exact match)
Callaway credits Suzanne Caygill and Joan Songer so her book is in-depth on how to dress in the style type system created by Suzanne Caygill and continued by Caygill student Joan Songer at PSC which John Kitchener took over (Carol Tuttle wrote in wrote in "It's Just My Nature" about using notes from "Personal Style Consulting"/PSC). Yin yang facial typing, body language, personality typing, etc. Color, design line, fabrication, prints, texture, shoes, hairstyle, buttons, etc of the 4 types. Nuggets of type information are in the non-type chapters (like p 241). Callaway says Summer is "the most yin" and Autumn "the most highly yang."

It appears to me that this book by Joan Callaway was plagiarized by Carol Tuttle (Dressing Your Truth).

Word matches of end-of-chapter "Type 1 WORD PORTRAIT" from It's Just My Nature by Carol Tuttle copyright date 2009 to end-of-chapter Spring "WORD PORTRAIT" from The Color Connection by Joan Callaway copyright date 1986 (Callaway wrote this decades before Tuttle wrote hers).
active
vivacious
vivid
youthful
zestful

Approximately 59% of Callaway's lines have exact matches in Tuttle's book. (69 matches out of 117. I did not count bold vs bold without garishness, fun vs fun-loving, inspiriting vs inspiring, kicky vs kicking up heels, new vs newness, quick vs quick-moving.)

Word matches of end-of-chapter "Type 2 WORD PORTRAIT" from It's Just My Nature by Carol Tuttle to end-of-chapter Summer "WORD PORTRAIT" by Joan Callaway
blended
soft
soft-spoken
sweet
tranquil

Approximately 59% of Callaway's lines have exact matches in Tuttle's book. (51 of 87. I did not count fluidity vs fluid, misty vs mist-like, sense of order vs orderly, tenderness vs tender, warm vs warmness.)

For the Autumn/Type 3 "WORD PORTRAIT" comparison, I found approximately 45% of Callaway's lines have exact matches in Tuttle's book, including exact phrase matches: "high-spirited" and "latin type look." (42 of 93. I did not count: ability to accomplish vs able, glow vs glowing, gypsy-like colors vs gypsy-like, having substance vs substantial, ornamentation vs ornate, power vs powerful, profound vs profoundness, put in charge of things vs take charge, solidity vs solid, splendor vs splendid, vital vs vitality).

For the Winter/Type 4 "WORD PORTRAIT" comparison, I found approximately 61% of Callaway's lines have exact matches in Tuttle's book, including exact phrase match: "abstract designs" (54 of 88. I did not count black and white definiteness vs black and white & definite, controlled vs self-control, high fashion vs high fashion look, luxury vs luxurious, moonlit quality vs moonlight quality, pure vs pure color, sense of mystery vs mysterious, worldly vs worldly-wise).

Direct copying is clear. More than 50% of the words/phrases of these 4 pages of Callaway's book appear in Carol Tuttle's decades later. Also, the identical labeling of "WORD PORTRAIT" and the identical end-of-chapter placement shows strikingly similar format and content (and this is just 4 pages). This is copyright infringement.

ps I was shocked when I looked at this book because I did not think that another book could be as similar to the Dressing Your Truth (DYT) program as Jane Segerstrom's books since Segerstrom's wording is "TYPE THREE WITH A TYPE FOUR SECONDARY," "T3-4," "my T3-ness," and Dressing Your Truth (DYT) uses identical wording. And Segerstrom's phrases such as "apple-cheeked" (Segerstrom Type 1), "They speak clearly, walk erectly" (Segerstrom Type 4), "Faces are elongated ovals" (Segerstrom Type 4), "T-4s' smooth skin is white as porcelain" (Segerstrom Type 4); there are similar phrases in DYT books "It's Just My Nature" and "The Child Whisperer."

***An online bookstore TOLD ME THEY REFUND CUSTOMERS IN CASES OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT and both "It's Just My Nature" & "Dressing Your Truth" books have nearly the same "word portrait" lists*** ( )
  readerlibrary | Aug 29, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,077,858 books! | Top bar: Always visible