Leading with Intention: Every Moment Is a…

Leading with Intention: Every Moment Is a Choice

by Mindy Hall

1910537,190 (4.05)None

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I thought that this book was an excellent take on leadership that companies often miss:
It is not a study of any particular company or industry but a primer on how to present yourself in order to be considered a credible leader who earns respect.
The book works from the inside out, starting with how you perceive yourself and how others will perceive you. It asks incisive questions that you should ask yourself every day. From there you are lead through communication, organizational impact and putting it all to work. It is not only a good read but one that you should keep around and read in segments periodically. No matter where you are, you are leading in some way - even if it is subtle. This book would be of use for many of us and I know I will be putting it to work. ( )
  damcg63 | Mar 14, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This little book is a quick, easy read, with good insight into building the character for leadership. However, it is nothing earthshattering and nothing that hasn't been written in many other books already. In fact, I would dare say that a certain amount of emotional intelligence and common sense would lead to all the points made in this book. Maybe it speaks to the lack of emotional intelligence in today's society that this needs to be written for some people - but I found most of this a review of what seems practical common sense in leadership. However, if someone is looking for a quick read to review and evaluate their own leadership practice, this could be a place to start.

I received this book as part of LibraryThing's Early Reviewer program in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  Keith.Benjamin | Dec 28, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I enjoyed the book. Forgetting content for a moment, the length of the chapters are perfect for someone with a busy schedule. The author respects your intelligence and her clarity of message by not regurgitating the same message over and over.

Regarding content, most of the theories are recognizable for any MBA student. However, it is the experience that she and her clients have had that make the questions that are presented for self reflection spot-on. Some people may read the book and feel that they did not take away any new strategies. Others, like myself, will keep it close to review the questions for reflection. I would recommend it to my leadership staff, especially if they do not have a recent MBA. ( )
  ponder | Dec 25, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Being intentional is one of the things that I am trying to focus on this year as a foundation for living a more intentional life. I want to be more aware of myself in each moment and truly understand how my choices and actions are impacting those around me. Although this book is based on being an intentional leader in a business setting, I still found that many of the questions and techniques presented by Mindy Hall, PhD apply just as well to my life as a stay at home mom. I was not able to directly connect to the majority of the examples given because of their corporate nature, however I still came away with information of value and I look forward to exploring some of the additional online resources that are available at leadingwithintentionbook.com ( )
  DonnerLibrary | Nov 4, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The management book field is crowded, but Leading with Intention is a welcome addition. It describes tools that can be used in professional or personal settings to improve one's ability to effect change. The book is short, concise, and offers easy-to-understand ways to try new behaviors in business settings like meetings. Ms Hall does not pretend these are profound discoveries nor offer a bullet-list formula but, rather, specific exercises that you can make your own. Try it, reflect, pick it up, and try again. The author recognizes that change is not easy but is worth the effort. ( )
  ridgeclub | Nov 2, 2014 |

Every interaction--whether you're presenting to an entire organization or talking one-on-one with a colleague--is an opportunity to influence and inspire others to achieve extraordinary results. Your ability to do that depends on two factors: - How aware you are of your impact - The care and discipline with which you choose your actions, day-by-day, moment-by-moment Leading with Intention makes the connection between your leadership behavior and the bottom line and challenges you to make a profound, deliberate mark on both your organization and the world around you. Informed by over twenty-five years of successful results and experience working with leaders in Fortune 50 companies, biotech start-ups, financial services firms, and nonprofit organizations, Leading with Intention provides real-life examples and practical tools for increasing your awareness and being more deliberate in your choices. You'll want to apply its lessons immediately and return to it again and again as a trusted resource.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Mindy Hall's book Leading with Intention: Every Moment Is a Choice was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Mindy Hall is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Copper Bay Press

An edition of this book was published by Copper Bay Press.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,401,081 books! | Top bar: Always visible