Easy Gourmet: Awesome Recipes Anyone Can…

Easy Gourmet: Awesome Recipes Anyone Can Cook

by Stephanie Le

101880,191 (5)None
2015 (1) blog (1) cookbook (1) cooking (3) food blog (1) General (1) Saveur (1) spl (1)

Easy Gourmet is designed with the busy cook in mind with simple, yet unique, dishes. I admit, I was attracted by the word ‘easy’ in the title because the word ‘gourmet’ usually scares me away. But here I found recipes that even new cooks will appreciate. The easy-to-follow directions are accompanied by full-page, mouth-watering photos. The book is very functional with a binding created so that the pages lie flat – an important feature that way too many cookbook publishers fail to consider.

Each recipe is complete on one page and includes a description, a little background info from the author, a list of ingredients with measurements in english and metric, and step-by-step instructions. The opposite page contains a beautiful, full-color photo of the finished dish.

One caveat: A little planning ahead may be necessary. Not all of the required ingredients will be on your pantry shelf; however, I don’t expect to find them there if I am making a gourmet-style dish. Most, though, should be easy to find in major shopping markets. For example, the French Onion Grilled Cheese calls for Gruyère cheese which is not currently in my refrigerator but I know my grocery store stocks it. Many of the dishes call for fresh herbs, micro greens or Arugula which will need to be obtained shortly before preparing the dish..

The recipes are grouped into sections: Breakfast, Pasta & Rice, Meats, Seafood, Vegetables, Soups & Stews, Sandwiches, Snacks, and Dessert. The book also includes a short introduction by the author plus an alphabetical index in the back.

For those who want to get an additional peek at the book before buying, there is a nice selection of breakfast recipe samples, photos and a look at the entire index of recipes using the 'Look Inside' feature. The Carrot Cake Pancakes sound fantastic and will be breakfast in my house very soon.

All-in-all, this is a worthy addition to my cookbook shelf. ( )
  UnderMyAppleTree | Oct 23, 2014 |

Collects simple recipes with gourmet flavor from the creator of the popular website, "I am a Food Blog," including chicken and waffles, glazed duck, miso cod and quinoa, braised beef brisket, and raspberry pistachio pavlova.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,813,934 books! | Top bar: Always visible