Cookbook Book by Annahita Kamali

Cookbook Book

by Annahita Kamali

There is a somewhat perverse and guilty pleasure about this book. After all, each cookbook is open to one (double) page. That might be a typical page, it might be a particularly interesting page, you just don't know. 'Oh, yes I have this one, ought to look at it more often.' 'I can see why I never bothered with this one.' And now and again the urge to read on that is frustrated. So far I haven't felt that I need to run and buy any I've seen.

If you are the kind of person who would enjoy leafing through someone else's cookbook collection, you would probably enjoy this book. I would like some comments by the editors in the generous margins. To be fair, there are notes on the cookbooks in the back, but as they are in a different order, they are hard to use, and they also don't mention why the particular page was chosen. I enjoyed this, but it could have been a lot better. ( )
  MarthaJeanne | Jan 3, 2016 |

Over 100 of the most beautiful, influential and informative cookbooks of the past 300 years

Compiled by a panel of experts in the fields of art, design, food and photography, Cookbook Book is an opus celebrating cookbooks of all shapes, sizes, languages and culinary traditions. From tried‐and‐true classics such as Larousse Gastronomique and Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child to surprising quirky choices such as The Mafia Cookbook and The Hawaiian Cookbook, each of these cookbooks has shaped, influenced or revolutionized home‐cooking in its own way. Includes translations and full recipes. The book features stand out, gorgeous photography and is essential for any collector of vintage cookbooks or for those that love food history.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:50 -0400)

Featuring 125 seminal cookbooks from the last 100 years, this is a celebration of the world's most beautiful, influential and informative cookbooks.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,720,976 books! | Top bar: Always visible