NPR Driveway Moments Love Stories by NPR

NPR Driveway Moments Love Stories

by NPR

1912537,190 (3.96)3

Exactly what I expected it to be. Delightful snippets from NPR, some traditional, some less so, now, remembering that I have it, I might listen to it again. ( )
  poolays | May 19, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Telling a great story is a challenge; telling it without any visuals makes it that much more challenging to keep people engaged. That's why these stories stand out, because they hold your attention through the power of voice alone. While all may not live up to the disc's ambitious "won't leave your driveway because you want to hear the ending" branding, many of the stories delight and remind us of the many ways we are touched by love in all its forms. ( )
  feldamundo | Mar 4, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I love the Driveway moments series of audiobooks. These are touching, sweet, funny and surprising. This collection of love stories makes a wonderful Valentine's Day gift. I loved David Sedaris, Bailey White and the firefighters in love. These many short pieces come from all different NPR radio shows. I loved them when I firlst heard them on the air and am delighted to be able to hear the stories again and to share them with friends. I was thrilled to win this from LibraryThing's giveaways. ( )
  njcur | Feb 22, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A lovely compilation of NPR's stories on the topic of Love. I'm a huge fan of This American Life and other human interest podcasts, so this was really right up my alley.

I've always wished for a more organized ways of listening to the treasure trove of NPR content, and I think organizing stories around a theme is just the perfect way of collecting these gems of stories. ( )
  chuchu | Feb 3, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I've listened to some of NPR's Driveway Moments compilations and this, like the others, are just interesting, entertaining, little vignettes. Such a nice break from the new reality (ie reality tv) to some true human interest. ( )
  she_climber | Jan 28, 2015 |

The best of these NPR Driveway Moments stories are all about love. NPR celebrates the emotional bonds between friends and lovers with an audio valentine that will please all year round. Overflowing with compelling stories, captivating voices, and people whose lives listeners will fall in love with, this heartfelt edition explores the surprising ways in which people find love, and the inspiring ways in which the most important relationships flourish.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

NPR's book NPR Driveway Moments Love Stories: Radio Stories That Won't Let You Go was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

HighBridge Audio

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge Audio.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,438,637 books! | Top bar: Always visible