Syncing Forward by W Lawrence

Syncing Forward

by W Lawrence

Well-written, downright exciting in bits, thought-provoking... but not quite right for me.  Fans of dystopias might like it, because of the bleak picture it paints of the near future.  Fans of thrillers might like it, because there are lots of explosions and a higher body count than I like.  It was also longer than I like - which, again, is personal preference, as I'm a fan of more concise books that get to the point, not longer books that have an epic story to tell.  I do recommend this highly to the right readers. ( )
1 vote Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
"Would you ever travel forward in time if you knew it would be a one way trip?" Martin James didn't want to but he had no choice.

The year is 2021, while investigating something for his company Martin James is injected with drugs that slows his body down so much that his seconds are months to us and every time he goes back under it is years before he awakens again. The people who did this to him have the cure but they can't be found.

This is not your time machine time travel. Imagine waking up to what you think is seconds for you but find that your children have grown, people you love have died, the world changing while you sleep and all the while never knowing if the nightmare will ever end.

This book had me hooked from the first page to the last. The characters are so well written, you can feel the pain they are going through. The love Martin has for his family is what keeps him going. Getting a glimpse into the future....scary because it all seems possible.

I am a fast reader and I made myself slow down so that I would not miss anything. Even if you are not a fan of science fiction (I'm not)you really should read this book. It is entertaining, engaging, and thought provoking. What more can you ask for in a book. I will definitely be reading this more than once.

I received this from the author for an honest review. ( )
1 vote Draak | Aug 15, 2014 |

Would you ever travel forward in time if you knew it would be a one-way trip?

Mr. Martin James has no such desire, but a cruel twist of fate sends him hurtling through the years as his children grow up and his wife grows older. Only an elusive group of scientists have the ability to stop his nightmarish journey, but finding them could prove difficult. And while Martin James hopes to find a cure before everyone he loves is gone, others are uncertain if his journey can be stopped at all.

W. Lawrence weaves a future history filled with the best and worst of humanity, highlights the blessings and curses of technology, and pushes the limits of faith and hopelessness. Above all, Syncing Forward is a tale of one man's love for his family, and their devotion to saving him from being lost forever.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:47 -0400)

1st Place Gold Award in the 2015 Feathered Quill Book Program for Science Fiction/Fantasy! Finalist in the 2014 Book Pipeline Contest!Travel to the future - it will only cost you everyone you love.Attacked and injected with a drug which slows his metabolism to a fraction of normal, Martin James becomes an unwilling time traveler who hurtles through the years. His children grow up, his wife grows older, and his only hope is finding the people who injected him in the first place- not an easy task when one day for Martin lasts four years. And while Martin James strives to find a cure before everyone he loves is gone, others are uncertain if his journey can be stopped at all.W. Lawrence weaves a dystopian future filled with the best and worst of humanity, highlights the blessings and curses of technology, and pushes the limits of faith and hopelessness. Above all, Syncing Forward is a tale of one man's love for his family, and their devotion to saving him from being lost forever.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,416,568 books! | Top bar: Always visible