The Obituary Society by Jessica L. Randall

The Obituary Society

by Jessica L. Randall

Interesting story to keep the reader guessing

I enjoyed this book, but found some of the storytelling a bit jumpy. The author attempts to bring in a mystery but the explanation (and how it is presented) is somewhat sketchy. The story does end well, but there is a point left unresolved that left me empty.

The characters are well developed and maintained throughout, and are a pleasure to follow.

A fast read and ok diversion for a brief respite. ( )
  CRMJones | Jan 4, 2017 |
The Obituary society by Jessica L. Randall

Lila Moore inherits her grandfather's house in a small Midwestern town. She is drawn into the town of Auburn. Then strange things begin to happen, Lila realizes some of her new friends are hiding a secret. Lila is caught in the middle, and she must uncover the truth.

I liked Lila her Aunt Ada and her aunts friends. I also enjoyed the charm of small town living. At times the story was a bit confusing, and some questions were left unanswered. But the story was interesting enough to keep me reading to see how it all unfolds. The Obituary Society has a bit of humor, romance, mystery and murder. a nice (clean) light read. ( )
  SheriAWilkinson | Mar 11, 2016 |
Honestly, I had my doubts when I began reading this book. It's just not something I would normally read, and I do judge books by their cover, and this one screamed "not you, move along," but I accidentally hit download, and then it took me to the Amazon page, and by that point I saw it was free and figured what the hell . . . who in their right mind turns down free books. Seriously?
I'm glad I downloaded it, and I'm glad I read it. Other than the confusion surrounding the family tree, this little story was a joy to read. I very much want to be apart of an Obituary Society myself now. Screw bingo.
It's a quick, and easy read. The type you can read in a day or two. Since it's not a complicated mystery it's really easy to keep up with, though there were a few places that caught me by surprise. ( )
  Hope.Sloper | Aug 6, 2015 |

When Lila Moore inherits her grandfather's house, she finds herself in a small Midwestern town where margarine is never an acceptable substitution for butter, a coveted family recipe can serve as currency, and the friend who will take your darkest secrets to the grave will still never give you the secret to her prize-winning begonias.

Lila is charmed by the people of Auburn, from the blue-eyed lawyer with the southern drawl to the little old lady who unceasingly tries to set Lila up with her grandson. But when strange things begin to happen, Lila realizes some of her new friends are guarding a secret like its a precious family heirloom. It's a dangerous secret, and it has come back to haunt them. Lila is caught in the middle, and her life may depend on uncovering it. But even if she can, can she stay in Auburn when not everyone is what they seem, and even the house wants her gone?

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,049,102 books! | Top bar: Always visible