Undertaking Irene by Pamela Burford

This mystery was a delight!

The plot is very twisty indeed! and that's just how I like them.

While it was a bit challenging to keep the various family trees straight- and that's important!- it was manageable.

All the characters are complex and come across as real people, even fairly minor ones. The dog is a dog, and acts like a dog- both messing things up and helping the humans, according to his own canine logic.

Add in some good dialog, and a convincing sense of place, and it all makes for a very entertaining mystery that is full of surprises!

Recommended for mystery fans! It is at the writing available for free in Kindle form on Amazon.

I look forward to the next in this series! ( )
  cissa | Jun 21, 2017 |
4 STARS

Jane Delaney has a very interesting job. She does things for or too people that have died. Right now her job is to steal a pin the deceased plans to be buried with. But someone beat her to it. It has some funny moments in this book, and some very serious moments too.

Jane finds her friend dead. She does not believe it was a natural death so she convinces someone to look into it. She ends up being a suspect. Their are a few suspects that have motive. It keeps you guessing till it reveals who.

cute dogs in this story. Interesting characters, Interesting romances, Looks like it could be a good series to follow and also a clean read. My attention was kept in the story. I hated to put it down.

Jane still likes her ex-husband that he is getting ready for his 4th wedding. She also likes a mystery priest. Jane does not have much money compared to those around her do. She really likes her employers dog sexy beast. Jane cares about those around her.

Jonah is a man of mystery that I really want to know more about him and where he got his skills.

Sexy Beast is a poodle with a real matted hair. I think my daughter's dog needs his hair cut too. Sexy beast is seven pounds. He is spoiled dog.

I will be looking to read other books by Pamela Burford in the future.

I was given this ebook to read and agreed to give honest review of it and be part of Undertaking Irene's blog tour. ( )
  rhonda1111 | Aug 21, 2014 |

Jane Delaney does things her paying customers can’t do, don’t want to do, don’t want to be seen doing, can’t bring themselves to do, and/or don’t want it to be known they’d paid someone to do. To dead people.

Life gets complicated for Jane and her Death Diva business when she’s hired to liberate a gaudy mermaid brooch from the corpse during a wake—on behalf of the rightful owner, supposedly. Well, a girl’s got to make a living, and this assignment pays better than scattering ashes, placing flowers on graves, or bawling her eyes out as a hired mourner. Unfortunately for Jane, someone else is just as eager to get his hands on that brooch, and he’s even sneakier than she is, not to mention dangerously sexy.

Just when she thinks her biggest problem is grand theft mermaid, things take a murderous turn. But hey, when you’ve teamed up with a neurotic seven-pound poodle named Sexy Beast, how can you go wrong?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,425,550 books! | Top bar: Always visible