Still Reigning: Thoughts of a Queen by The…

Still Reigning: Thoughts of a Queen

by The Queen (of Twitter)

811,035,133 (3)None

Another social media account that didn't translate to a book. If you use Twitter you might have come across the @Queen_UK handle. It is a parody of Queen Elizabeth II of what she "really" thinks about various things: politicians, news events, sports games, etc. It's a funny parody and it's fun to think it's really Queen Elizabeth herself (she has an actual account so perhaps not).

This is a collection of her thoughts. Unfortunately (maybe not?) it's not in the tweet form. I'm not exceptionally familiar with her but it seems like a summation of her thoughts on various issues from the Olympics to President Obama to the then-leadership of the United Kingdom in Parliament, etc. Most entries are only a few pages long, some are only about a page or two. Some are quite amusing and are actually quite on the nose. On Nick Clegg she says both he and the Liberal Democrat party would pretty much disappear in 2015, which was the next scheduled general election at the time.

But these are too far and few in between. It's fun to think about these as her actual thoughts on the Royal Family, Angela Merkel, Eurovision, etc. But it's not exactly amazing or incredibly clever. Initially I found her thoughts on the family interesting but after awhile I found myself skimming or even skipping entire entries.

Perhaps for the right person such as a more passionate follower would like this more. I understand that this Twitter handle actually has another, better book in the same vein but I'm not going to rush out and get this.

I bought this as a bargain for pretty cheap but I would have preferred to borrow this from the library. Wouldn't rush out to read it. ( )
  acciolibros | Feb 11, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,295,122 books! | Top bar: Always visible