Hearts in the Storm by Elmer Seward

Hearts in the Storm

by Elmer Seward

721,138,814 (4.5)None
hope (1) loss (1) love (1) regret (1) rescue (1) romance (1) storm (1) suspense (1) to-read (3) v. good (1)

Hearts in the Storm by Elmer Seward

On the Outer Banks of North Carolina, while hurricane Renee is about to hit Trista is there vacationing and trying to deal with her tragic loss from five years earlier. There she meets Duck, a man who is also struggling with a tragic past.

The two meet and Tirsta hires Duck to take her on his boat so she can find closure. But they do not expect to be on the ocean in the middle of a horrific storm. Secrets are revealed that were buried deep and they affect both of their lives. Together they are about to battle a severe storm, and ghosts of the past.

A well written story of love, loss and friendship. I really liked Trista. I could feel her emotions and inner pain, that made her "real", and I empathized with her. Duck was also struggling with his past, and was very likable as well. The story flowed beautifully with suspense, emotions and secrets. I was engrossed until the last page.

I feel that those who love drama/suspense/romance will enjoy Hearts in the Storm ( )
  SheriAWilkinson | Mar 11, 2016 |
Trista is on a mission and looking for someone to help her accomplish her goal. The details of that goal are withheld long enough for you to get a little background information about the characters' lives. Trista meets a local man affectionately referred to as "Duck" with a past of his own that he can't escape. He agrees to take her out on his boat in the eye of a storm because he knows more about her secrets than he is letting on and honestly wants to help her. In doing so, he feels he may be able to find redemption for himself and finally be free of his own demons. His sister thinks he may be crazy but she doesn't argue with him because she can see glimpses of the brother she used to have and wants him to be emotionally whole again. She can see a bond forming between Trista and Duck and hopes a relationship will mean a new beginning for them.

This is a touching story about loss, tragedy, and overcoming it. The way the author pulls you along spilling bits of the past only hints at the losses felt by Trista and Duck, but when the entire truth was revealed, it gave me goosebumps. The conclusion had some surprises as well. I thought it was going to end one way, but Mr. Seward managed to surprise me. Job well done.

I was given a copy of this book for free in exchange for an honest review. I would recommend it. ( )
  TinaMarieSays | Sep 7, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,986,770 books! | Top bar: Always visible