Rough Justice (The Sinner's Tribe Motorcycle…

Rough Justice (The Sinner's Tribe Motorcycle Club)

by Sarah Castille

I really liked this book and look forward to more in the series. This, like all other MC based romance books, has an edge that might not appeal to all readers. The characters that are part of the MC do live by a code, but that code might offend some people. Having said that, I did really like the story and the characters. ( )
  Mrslabraden | Jun 28, 2017 |
2.5 stars / 3 flames. Review in progress. ( )
  Bambi_Unbridled | Mar 19, 2016 |
This is absolutely an MC novel, no mistake about it. It's also a fairly good one seeing that for nearly two third of the book it kept me glued to its pages. I liked the first interactions between the main characters and the MC world the author created.
However, the more I came close to the end, the more the situations repeated themselves. Dialogues too. I started thinking of when the book would have finally ended because the main characters were starting to wear me down. ( )
  AzureStrawberry | Jan 12, 2016 |
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Dark, gritty and rough story with a very Alpha male character. I would recommend Rough Justice for readers who love a darker tone to their stories.

Opening Sentence: “Christ.”

The Review:

Rough Justice is a dark, gritty and appropriately titled rough look into the terribly tragic world of a motorcycle club. This book deals with some really heavy issues with the exception being the love and bonds of friendship. If you really like walking on the dark side of love then you will want to read this beginning of the Sinner’s Tribe Motorcycle Club series. This novel also features some somewhat rough and erotic sex scenes.

Arianne grew up the daughter of the leader of a motorcycle club. She hates everything about motorcycle clubs, what they stand for and their crazy ass and very sexist rules. (And trust me, there are some crazy rules, I’ve never read any of these types of books nor did I watch Sons of Anarchy so all of this was new for me. Plus, I’m sure rules change depending on the stories.) She wants out of this life and has plans to get away but it is all screwed up when her brother participates in a run on the Sinner’s Tribe clubhouse that ends with a person getting killed and Arianne almost taking the blame.

Jagger is the President of the Sinner’s Tribe MC. His clubhouse has been torched, the clubs’ illegal guns stolen, a MC member is dead and Arianne is passed out in his now empty gun storage shed. Understandably, they think that Arianne has something to do with it so she is being held hostage until they can gather the facts. Some members of the Sinner’s Tribe believe she should have already been executed but Jagger just can’t kill her until he knows for sure. So Jagger has to deal with a few bad apples while deciding how he’s going to go to war against Arianne’s dad Viper.

Motorcycle clubs have some really tough politics, Arianne knows full well what the rules are and Jagger immediately loves how he doesn’t have to fight her over how she acts in front of the crew. She immediately bows down to the rules of the motorcycle society and doesn’t undermine Jagger’s authority.

Arianne just wants to leave the town of Conundrum, Montana. Life has not been kind to her here and she wants her brother to go with her. Arianne has had a lot of bad things happen to her. She is a tortured type heroine with a spark to live. She wants happiness and is trying to fight for it. She is tired of living in this dark and terrible world. My only conflict with this is that she obviously is still stuck in this life with her “HEA”. Although Jagger tried to prove to her he isn’t as bad as her dad but it is still a bad situation to be in.

Jagger is the bad boy with a heart of gold. He has to be tough as the President of the Sinner’s Tribe. He doesn’t kill indiscriminately. He makes sure that those he kills deserve it. Jagger also has a tragic past and because of it has vowed not to love again unless that woman can take care of herself. He finds her in Arianne.

Overall, I really enjoyed the storytelling and the way that Sarah Castille writes. Even though the story was very dark in tone, I still invested in the characters and even the secondary characters that I can’t wait to read about in future stories.

Notable Scene:

Jagger pulled away before she could tell him again she was leaving, easing her to the floor before he went to dispose of the condom. By the time he returned, Arianne had put on her clothes and hidden her torn panties in the pocket of her coveralls. She ran her hands through her hair, smoothing down the loose strands. Why was he being so cold?

His eyes hardened when he saw her dressed. Without a word, he tugged on his jeans and reached for his shirt.

“Jagger? What’s wrong?”

He looked back over his shoulder and yanked on his shirt, heedless of the laceration on his chest. “You’re mine,” he said simply.

“Okay.”

“Not okay.” Jagger whirled to face her, then closed the distance between them in two long strides. “You don’t get it.”

The skin on the back of her neck prickled in warning, but she pushed on. “Then explain it to me.”

He twined her hair in his hand and tugged her head back, forcing her to meet his gaze. “You aren’t leaving Conundrum. I claimed you.”

A chill shot down Arianne’s spine. “I thought you claimed me to help me get away from Viper and for all the political reasons that go with it. Not for real. Not for—“

“Yes, for real.” He cut her off so abruptly, she startled.

“I claimed you as a biker and I claimed you as a man. You are mine, Arianne. No one will fuck you but me. No one will touch you but me. I’ll kill any man who hurts you and hurt anyone who makes you cry. If you need something, I’ll get it for you. If you’re sad, I’ll make you happy. If you want to go out, you ask. Every night you will sleep in my bed. And you will not leave Conundrum.”

Shocked, speechless, she could only stare. “Seriously?” Her hand flew to her chest. “Do you seriously think I belong to you because we had sex? Or that you can stop me from leaving if that’s what I want to do?”

FTC Advisory: St. Martin’s/Macmillan provided me with a copy of Rough Justice. No goody bags, sponsorships, “material connections,” or bribes were exchanged for my review. ( )
  DarkFaerieTales | Jul 9, 2015 |
Arianne has grown up in an outlaw MC. She wants out but she wants to take her brother with her. On a raid against a rival MC group, she is trying to save her brother but gets taken by the rival gang. Their president, Jagger, believes her story but he also is attracted to her not knowing who she is. Once he knows who she is he has to decide what to do with her.

I loved Arianne. She is a strong kick-ass woman who knows the politics of MC. She will challenge Jagger but not break the rules. She wants to escape this life but Jagger changes her feelings. Jagger has always been Club first but Arianne is changing his mind. I loved his vulnerability with her. Their openness with each other is beautiful and I'm glad they didn't give up.

I cannot wait for book 2. ( )
  Sheila1957 | Mar 23, 2015 |

Sarah Castille is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,976,426 books! | Top bar: Always visible