Bite at First Sight (Scandals with Bite) by…

Bite at First Sight (Scandals with Bite)

by Brooklyn Ann

When the heroine discovers the man she's admired from afar is a vampire and he's unable to mesmerize her to forget the discovery, he arrests her as vampire lord of the city and imprisons her in his house to await her fate. The heroine is not your typical kidnapped victim however, in fact she goes willingly with him. She's never treated like a prisoner and in turn, she does try to escape or cause any undue fuss. Partly, this is because she is a decent person and she knows and understand that her knowledge of vampires would put them at risk, but mostly because her scientist brain wants a chance to study them. The hero is horrible scarred and has no use of his one arm and she vows to use her medical knowledge to heal him. The hero, attached to the beautiful but insecure female has a dilemma on his hands. He's been told by the council that he's to either change his prisoner into a vampire or kill her. He utterly refuses to do the latter because he grows to love her quite quickly, but in the previous book he illegal changed a human and therefore can't safety change another so soon. In desperation he reaches out to anyone who can help him save her life. This was a very nice story but this whole series has been lovely. The hero and heroine are both so unsure of the others feelings but so drawn to other that it makes it impossible to stay apart. I absolutely adored the heroine. A countess who wants nothing to do with the society that's always shunned her and desires only to help people and receive recognition for her talents. She was beautifully rational and posed from start to finish and very rarely allowed reckless emotion to divert her from logic. The hero was once a stern and harsh vampire whom did not make friends easily and wasn't known for mercy. But with the heroine he was nothing but kind and loving. This was a great story and I highly recommend this series. ( )
  Eden00 | May 14, 2016 |
"5 out of 5 stars! All of her life Cassandra has strived to become a Doctor. However, because of her being a woman she has had to learn everything she knows on her own, which is why she finds herself in a cemetery with plans on getting some cadavers so she could start studying the human anatomy. What she never expected was to have Don Villar (Rafael/Rafe) find her there and to have him turn out to be anything but human. Now with Cassandra embroiled into the vampire world Rafael has a month to find a way to change her into a vampire too or there will be drastic consequences. But with a rebellion on the horizon will they be able to accomplish everything in time or will it be all for not?

A wonderfully dramatic tale set in a historical paranormal world where you’ll find a sweet love story between a progressive woman and a stubborn scarred man. Now that I think of it this novel reminds me a little bit of “Beauty & the Beast.” This was the first novel that..."

Read more of this review and THREE TEASERS here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2016/03/idolizing-in-scandals-with-bit... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
This is a very entertaining series. I've been interested in Rafe since the first book and am very happy for him to get his HEA. And having his mate be Cassandra was brilliant. I've never read about the problems that women had in trying to practice medicine or even be considered for medical college. Having her to be capable of healing Rafe inside and out was a sweet little romance. Looking forward to more in this series. ( )
  amdrane2 | May 2, 2015 |
Summary
Cassandra studies medicine, and will do anything to learn as much as she can. To further her studies, she needs a cadaver to study on. She knows she can never go to the medical aid for one, since she is a woman. So she goes searching in a cemetery for one, and she comes across the Lord vampire of London, Rafe Villar. Rafe thinking she is a vampire hunter takes her into his custody, Rafe when learning of Cassandra’s true intentions has two choices he can turn her or kill her. But a few months ago he had used his power to change someone else for a friend. Now he can’t change her on his own and the deadline is drawing close. As Cassandra and Rafe draw closer together, there is another danger than just the deadline, Rafe’s second in command, is diving their people up and causing a rebellion so he can take over and destroy Rafe. Will Rafe and Cassandra survive the betrayal and find a future together…

The Hero
Rafael Villar, is the Lord of London, and rules with a strict but fair thumb. He is driven and in command of the those he rules over. In trying in aid a friend in need, he ended up burned to the point that his face is scarred and his arm has little movement. Then he meets Cassandra who has studied medicine, and although he doesn’t wish to be studied on, Rafael is the perfect hero for this story. He comes across as gruff and stern, but he has a heart of gold, and has a spirit of kindness that you don’t expect from him. He is loyal and strong, and has that sensual aura to him that makes him compelling and intense.

The Heroine
Cassandra, is driven by intellect. She is the countess of Roslynn, is a widow and is perfectly fine with her state. She is more than content to be secluded from society and work on her studies of the human body. Her dream is to be a doctor and help others heal…but she knows the professional world will never see her that way….because she is a woman. But Cassandra will keep studying and learning no matter what. Cassandra was such a great heroine, compassionate, smart, sexy, and determined as ever to accomplish her dreams. I love how she stands up to Rafe and strives to heal him. I love how devoted she is to her work. She was quite refreshing and like a breath of fresh air.

Plot and Story Line
Bite At First Sight is the third book in this stunning paranormal series by Brooklyn Ann. You know you don’t see too many vampire romances that are written so well as this one. I have read the first book, but when I had read so many high rated reviews on this one, I knew i had to read it. And what a well written story it turned out to be. I couldn’t put this one down, and stayed up late reading it. From the first page I was drawn in completely and in a way that hasn’t happened for me in a little while. I love the setting,its set in the 1800’s London. In this story we see how the author has done some research, particularly on the medical field in that time period and certain methods used and studies done, as well as the view on women working in the medical field.There is quite an intense tone to the story with the paranormal aspect of vampires put in the mix here. I do adore a good vampire romance, and this one tops my list. The characters in the story were well drawn and portrayed and you see the level of emotion they display and what they provoke in the reader. The flow of the plot is pretty smooth with no hiccups that I could sense. I enjoyed seeing the level of danger and intrigue rise with each chapter. We also have the main plot, but we also see a side plot of the villain which adds more tension to the story. You might want to hold onto your seats boys and girls, because this is one wild ride of passion, adventure and danger you don’t want to miss out on.

The Cover
This is such a gorgeous and sensual cover. I love their pose, and her dress is just beautiful, with the bold colors, and dark background, and oh my what abs our male here has….swoonworthy for sure!

Overall View
Bite At First Sight is a story that wraps you up in intrigue, danger, sexy passion, and enchanting characters, a tale of healing and the power in finding and fighting for love when it counts the most!! AN ABSOLUTE ROMANTIC GEM!!
  addictofromance | Apr 22, 2015 |

Cassandra Burton wants to study medicine, surgery, healing, and everything related to the human body and its mysteries-and she's willing to rob graves to do it! But a lady can meet dark and dangerous characters lurking around the cemetery. And who could be more fascinating than Rafael Villar, Lord Vampire of London? If she could study his physiology, she could learn so much that would help humans. After all, he's immortal-and Cassandra is now his prisoner...Until she gets close enough to touch As if Rafael didn't have enough to worry about, with a rebellion brewing and his allies out of reach, now he's confronted by a beautiful, fearless lady who wants to heal the scars he's born for centuries. He can't keep her, and he can't let her go, and worst of all, he's every bit as intrigued by her as she is by him.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,749,202 books! | Top bar: Always visible