Destiny's Captive by Beverly Jenkins

Destiny's Captive

by Beverly Jenkins

I just finished the first 3 novels of the Destiny's Series by Beverly Jenkins.

Book #1: "Destiny's Embrace" was my favorite of the 3, but I enjoyed reading all three. Mariah's character was like "Cinderella". The transformation from the abusive, unloving and highly mistreating mother.

I laughed heartily at the parade of suitors that came to ask Mariah for her hand in marriage.

Book #2: "Destiny's Surrender" was a action packed romance with Billie as the main character. I rooted for the honest, gun toting heroine. She was like "Calamity Jane" with a marred past.

Her rescue of the neighbor from the bear was heroic. I like how she found her way to fit into the Yates family.

Book #3: "Destiny's Captive" was packed with historical information that Beverly Jenkins always provides. Pilar was easily tamed just like the wild stallion that Logan captures.

I found Pilar's sexual and sensual naivety comical. Noah's patience was exhilarating and erotic at the same time. My biggest laugh was when Drew was left to care for his toddler son, Tonio while Billie was away.

The male characters of the Yates family are loved by their mother Alanza, the matriarch who is strong and loving. They stand out in their own right as men of honor and chivalry, including Maxwell Rudd.

I'll be ready for the next series from Beverly Jenkins. ( )
  altima313 | Oct 13, 2017 |
Title: Destiny's Captive
Author: Beverly Jenkins
Publisher: Avon Books
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 4.5
Review:

"Destiny's Captive" by Beverly Jenkins...

Book Description....

"In national bestselling author Beverly Jenkins' Destiny series, the Yates men play hard and live hard. And when they find that special woman, they fall hard . . .

And Pilar isn't just an ordinary woman. She's descended from pirates. And after giving him one of the worst nights of his life, she steals his ship! Now Noah is on the hunt, and he'll stop at nothing to find this extraordinary woman . . . and make her his."

What I liked about this novel....

I thought "Destiny's Captive" was a very interesting historical romance and is a series # 3. This was definitely one read that will keep your attention because there will be a lots going on as this author gives the reader a wonderful well written read. If you are into adventure and pirates...a good romance you have come to the right place for a interesting read all the way to the end. Be prepare for a read of sweet romance that will be encased with some real interesting secrets in 1870's in this setting from ventures in Cuba, Florida and California.

This story had a very interesting plot where I did find it somewhat confusing to me through some of the reads but from some of the twist and turns with few secrets that did came to light did kept me reading. I was glad I did continue to read because after a while I did start to enjoy the flow of the read.

What I especially liked about the novel....

The heroine Pilar was a very interesting character being well developed...so likable and being strong showing her doubting kindness, however she wasn't just any women..."she steals a ship". Then there was the hero Noah who had a real dark side but when it came to Pilar he was so taken with her.

Truly these two were perfect for each other with some real hot steamy scenes. Now, to get the whole story of how these two hooked up I would say to pickup "Destiny's Captive" to see how it is presented to the reader. Would I recommend...Yes, however it may be a good idea to read the first two series because I think there will be a good connection to the read in doing so.

Here is a little summary of The Destiny Series:

"This new three book series set in 1880s California, introduces ranch owner Alanza Yates and her three sons: Logan, Andrew and Noah. Destiny’s Embrace is the story of Logan and his housekeeper Mariah. The second book Destiny’s Surrender, also scheduled for a 2013 publication centers on middle brother Andrew and his very non-traditional heroine Whilemina (Billie) Wells. [...] The third in the series - Noah’s book will follow in 2014" which is the novel review above: "Destiny's Captive." ( )
  arlenadean | Oct 27, 2014 |

"Noah Yates fully believes in the joys of a happy family and a good wife. But that's not the life for him. No, he would much rather sail the wild seas in search of adventure, not tied down. But then the unthinkable happens . . . he finds himself literally tied down. To a bed. By a woman. And Pilar isn't just an ordinary woman. She's descended from pirates. And after giving him one of the worst nights of his life, she steals his ship! Now Noah is on the hunt, and he'll stop at nothing to find this extraordinary woman . . . and make her his"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,332,516 books! | Top bar: Always visible