The Dream Engine by Sean Platt

The Dream Engine

by Sean Platt

First thoughts about the cover of The Dream Engine: Blunderbuss, Book 1? Half of a young girl’s face and a giant engine? Is it a steam punk book? Why is it only showing half her face? How is this machine tied in with this girl? Hmm… Well, this just got interesting.

The main character in this book is Eila Doyle. She’s a teen in a world that centers around a giant machine called The Blunderbuss. She works as a Builder. A Builder is sort of like a conduit for the Blunderbuss to mentally receive ideas, things, objects. Without a Builder the things would not appear from the Blunderbuss. Though unlike other people in her world, she is starting to dream. Other people do not dream. They don’t even remember dreaming. Everything they want or need is made by the Blunderbuss. Or so she thinks.

The Blunderbuss is a machine that makes everything. At least on the topside of Eila’s city. At first I was a little on the fence about weather or not I liked this book. Once I got into it I greatly enjoyed it. It is one you have to pay attention to closely because if you do not, you will miss something that will come back to confuse you later. The Blunderbuss reminds me of the shape of a hourglass. The topside makes things from thoughts received. The bottom side gets the dreams from everyone topside and bottom side. They send the good ideas back into The Blunderbuss which sends them topside. The topside and bottom side do not know about each other.

The narrator is Ray Chase. His voice has a slight growl in it. It is more pronounced when he reads male voices. It is soothing, addictive. This book was written by Sean Platt and Johnny B. Truant. It is 10 hours and 32 minutes. This books is a nice listen and enjoyable. I’d recommend it for mid-teens on up.

This book left me thinking about what we perceive from the world around us. What we take for granted as always being, always would be. Would we still be the same people if we had to think more about things we do everyday so easily? Would we Tinker the ideas out by ourselves to solve our own problems? Life is open to the dreamers and the doers. The key is to be both a dreamer and a doer.

Audiobook purchased for review by the Narrator.

Please find this complete review and many others at audiobookreviewer dot com

[If this review helped, please press YES. Thanks!] ( )
  audiobibliophile | Dec 18, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,634,783 books! | Top bar: Always visible