Maybe This Christmas (Hqn) by Sarah Morgan

Maybe This Christmas (Hqn)

by Sarah Morgan

loved ( )
  Janicemo | Mar 5, 2017 |
Loved this book! These characters grabbed my heart from the very first book and Tyler is one of my favorites. This is a wonderful friends to lovers story and I was so happy to see Brenna and Tyler finally stop fighting the inevitable! I definitely recommend this book as well as the entire series. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
*I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

And so comes to an end the series I most liked reading in 2014. This time the story is focused on the youngest of the O'Neil brothers, Tyler, a former skiing champion, forced to abandon his career due to a lesion from a fall, and that now works as an instructor on the family’s resort. The good news is that he finally has his daughter Jess living with him and their relation is better than never.

Because he is determined to be a good father and role model to his daughter, Tyler, whose fame of being a heart breaker is legendary, has abstained from dating in the last year, but now is Jess who seems determined to find him a girlfriend. And, as if that wasn't enough, his best friend, Brenna Daniels is forced to move into his place, making his attempts not to notice her all that much harder...

Brenna has always been in love with Tyler, but he only ever saw her as a friend, as one of the boys. And Breena suffered in silence all those years, seeing him change partners as one changes shirts, and never noticing her. But how will she be able to endure now with the proximity that living together entails? Brenna knows she will never be more than a friend to Tyler, and that’s why she can’t explain his reaction when he finds out she has a date. Surely it cannot be jealousy, can it?

As the sexual tension between them intensifies, Brenna finally resolves issues from her past she had never been able to overcome and Tyler, with Brenna and Jess’s help, finally overcomes the fact that he can not compete anymore. But Brenna knows what will happen if they give in to temptation: they will never be able to be friends as before and Tyler’s relationships are always brief, meaning Brenna will have to leave Snow Crystal, the place that feels like home...

It was an ending that did not disappoint! I already suspected I was going to love Tyler and Brenna’s story and I did. They are such a cute couple and complete each other so well! I loved the ending the author reserved for them. And I loved the interference from the rest of the family, especially from the most recent members, Kayla and Élise, Tyler’s brothers' fiancees. I’m going to really miss this family... ( )
  landslide | Feb 17, 2015 |
4 STARS

This is the third book in the O'Neil brothers but the first I have read. I am going to have too read the other two books. I love the characters, how they are all so close to each other. It draws you into their lives and you want to know more about them. Loved the ending.

Their are a few love scenes that I did skip over, but easy to do.

The setting for this book is in Vermont at a ski resort and small town.

Tyler O'Neil is best friends with Brenna Daniels. He has had his 13 year old daughter live with him a year now. He was a World skier before his accident one race.

Brenna Daniels has worked for the O'Neils as a ski pro. She has been in love with Tyler for ever, but he has no idea. They were always together from their youth skiing and on the mountain. She does not want to ruin her relationship to Tyler.

One issue of the book is about bullying in school. How it effects last years.

It makes you want to go out skiing. I don't even ski! Once was enough.

I will read more from Sarah Morgan in the future. In fact I want to get the other two O'Neil books.

I was given this ebook to read by Net Galley and Harlequin. In return I agreed to give honest review of Maybe This Christmas. ( )
  rhonda1111 | Oct 28, 2014 |
Rating: 4
Review:

"Maybe This Christmas" by Sarah Morgan

Book Description....

"Uplifting, sexy and warm, Sarah Morgan's O'Neil Brothers series is perfection."—Jill Shalvis, New York Times bestselling author

This winter, ex-skiing champion, reformed heartbreaker and single dad Tyler O'Neil has only one mission—making sure his daughter, Jess, has the best Christmas ever. The fact that his best friend, Brenna, is also temporarily moving into his chalet at the overbooked Snow Crystal resort is a delicious distraction he's simply going to have to ignore. Theirs is the one relationship he's never ruined, and he's not about to start now.

Ski pro Brenna Daniels knows all about the perils of unrequited love—she's been in love with Tyler for years. But living with him is absolute torture…how can she concentrate on being his friend when he's sleeping in the room next door? Then when Tyler kisses Brenna, suddenly the relationship she's always dreamed of feels so close she could almost touch it. Could this be the Christmas her dreams of a happy-ever-after finally come true?"

What I liked about the novel.....

I enjoy this read. I found for the most part it was a good romantic read and once you start reading you will find it hard to put down. I liked how this author developed this storyline about Tyler and Brenna where you will find from the read that both of these people had some personal problems that needed solving. Tyler was a ex ski champion due to an injury, with his ex and daughter. Then there was Brenna who had a troubled childhood of feeling unloved by her mother and how much did this play into her adulthood? Since Tyler and Brenna had been childhood friends would there be any thing between these two? Brenna had always loved Tyler but he really didn't reciprocate at first but later it seemed like when one was interested we find he was afraid to commit and then on the other side would she be willing to settle for part of a relationship. As you read you will see a relationship growing out of a strong friendship they had developed. I will say I did like the relationship between Tyler and his daughter Jess who seemed to brought a lot to the story. I did find this a little puzzling to me. Why was that? This is where I say you will have to pick up "Maybe This Christmas" to see how this author brings it all out to the reader. I will say that these two coming together was a long process, however after being pushed together....well, I will stop here and say get the novel.

I found "Maybe This Christmas" setting in Vermont was the third O'Neil Brothers series that was a good heart warming story that goes very well with the holiday reads. Would I recommend? YES! ( )
  arlenadean | Oct 5, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373778988, Mass Market Paperback)

Ski pro Brenna Daniels knows all about the perils of unrequited love—she's been in love with Tyler for years. But living with him is absolute torture… How can she concentrate on being his friend when he's sleeping in the room next door? Then when Tyler kisses Brenna, suddenly the relationship she's always dreamed of feels so close she could almost touch it. Could this be the Christmas her dreams of a happy-ever-after finally come true?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:19 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,926,847 books! | Top bar: Always visible