A Christmas Prayer by Kimberla Lawson Roby

A Christmas Prayer

by Kimberla Lawson Roby

A Christmas Prayer
Alexia Fletcher hasn't had a good Christmas since her mother died and now she's planning a life with her fiancee, Chase.
Know exactly how she feels as we lost not only my mom this past year but my mother in law. Just not into family gatherings...
She has cheerful memories of past spent holidays that would bring a smile to her face. She feels that she's further away from her sister and niece as the time goes by...she is putting off having sex with him til after the summer wedding.
She takes sleeping pills to help get over the pain of the holidays.
She finds comfort in church activities and prayers and that's where she had met Chase. She is a motivational speaker and her earnings have increased over the years and wants to share the news with her mom.
The pastor wants them all to write their own Christmas prayer and she hopes with the words it will help heal her so she can move on and be happy with life again.
His widowed mother spends a lot of time with them and between the problems her sister has tossed her way Alexia has just had enough.
She ends up breaking up with Chase and the pastor tries to talk to them to reconcile...then a miracle happens.
  jbarr5 | Feb 3, 2015 |
Rating: 5
Review:

"A Christmas Prayer" by Kimberla Lawson Roby

Book Description....

"Alexis Fletcher hasn't had a merry Christmas in five years-not since her mother passed away. Every December she remembers the joy her mother brought to everyone during the holiday season and feels the pain of her absence, even more so now that she and her sister are barely speaking. More than anything, Alexis wishes her family could be whole again. However, with her wedding fast approaching, Alexis might just be ready to make some holiday memories with a new family of her own. Alexis's fiancé, Chase Dupont, is everything she ever dreamed of. He's kind, handsome, fully supportive of Alexis's career, and the CEO of a large company. But outside forces threaten to derail this happy couple from ever reaching the altar. As tensions rise, a dramatic event causes Alexis to question everything. Will fate give her what she needs to finally embrace the season that has brought her so much pain? Will Alexis get her wish for a happy holiday? Or will her Christmas prayer go unanswered?"

What I liked about this novel....

"A Christmas Prayer" was a beautifully told Christmas love story of Alexis and Chase with a lots of twist that will keep you on the edge of your seat in this easy quick read. However, before we can get to the wedding there will be some down falls for Alexis who is still grieving from her mother's death, their will be conflict with her sister Sabrina and a future mother in law Geneva. Be prepared for drama! This author really works her magic as she presents to the reader such a amazing good story. All of the characters were off the chart good, well developed, well portrayed giving the reader a intriguing well written storyline. Truly the heroine Alexis was one special person with such a genuine heart. It was very interesting seeing how this author has some real issues presented with such details that could come up from a wedding, family and a holiday. But what is so unique is the 'power of 'A Christmas Prayer.' Thanks to the author for giving the reader a good read that I would recommend to others to read. ( )
  arlenadean | Dec 6, 2014 |
I really love the cover of A Christmas Prayer by Kimberla Lawson Roby. Along with the beautiful cover, there is a wonderful Christmas novel. Alexis is in love with Chase. They are going to marry. However, they have one problem. It's called a future mother - in - law problem. Geneva is Chase's mother. She despises Alexis. All she wants for Christmas is for Alexis to disappear from her son's life. The novel is filled with painful situations: there is conflict between two sisters, Sabrina and Alexis, there is the emptiness Alexis experiences every Christmas season because she misses her mother so much, and of course, there is Geneva, the mother - in - law no one wants in their life.

All the way through the novel, Alexis proves herself to be quite a lady. I don't think she ever faltered. I really liked Alexis especially when she would do all she could to help her neice, Courtney. Then, I began to think that Alexis just is too good. She's the Angel on the top of the Christmas tree. Strangely, her perfect nature didn't disturb me. I liked this perfect lady. Too bad there are no perfect ladies in real life.

In my eyes, I felt Alexis forgave Geneva too quickly. The woman had said awful things about Alexis. It would take me at least a month to forgive the hateful woman. Alexis forgives her immediately. Perhaps it's the Christmas prayer that Alexis wrote down. I'm sure the prayer helped her through so many holdiday problems. As far as forgiving Geneva, Alexis came off too perfect. While under the magical spell of Kimberla Lawson Roby's writing or the Chicago holiday air, I accepted this perfect woman. In other words, I loved this novel and the main character. It's the first Christmas novel I've read this year. If I don't read another one, I feel completely satisfied with this one novel. Whatever my Christmas problems, I am ready to say "Merry Christmas."kimroby.com/bookshelf ( )
  Tea58 | Nov 20, 2014 |

"Alexis Fletcher hasn't had a merry Christmas since losing her mother. Every December she remembers the joy her mother brought to everyone during the holiday season, and wishes her family could be whole again. And even as Alexis prepares to start a new family with her fiance, Chase Dupont, outside forces threaten to destroy her potential happiness. But fate has one more surprise in store for Alexis, and it might be exactly what she needs to finally embrace the one holiday that has brought her nothing but heartache"-- "Just in time for the holidays, a troubled woman learns the true meaning of Christmas in this new novella from New York Times bestselling author Kimberla Lawson Roby"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,478,708 books! | Top bar: Always visible