Simon by V.A. Dold

eone is out to destroy the Le Beau family and will use any means necessary to see it done.
With Simon returning from his tour in the marines, physically and mentally drained, he is unable to shift from his wolf form to his human form. Anna, Cade's mate, begins to use her gift to heal him. The progress is slow but steady until Rose enters the picture and Simon knows he has met his other half, his mate, and begins to help in the healing process.

What happens when Rose goes missing? Will the Le Beau's find her in time to save her life, and Simon's?

V.A. Dold has once again written characters that I can sink my teeth into. Simon and Rose's story is every bit as intriguing and romantic as Cade and Anna's story in Cade. Simon and Cade can both be read as stand alone novels, but I love the continuity of the story when read as a series.

Join me once again as I pant for more of the Le Beau brothers and the next novel from V. A. Dold. I highly recommend you pick this book up and don't put it down until you've read it all the way through.

~ Patricia, Room With Books ~ © August 18, 2014 ( )
  roomwithbooks | Aug 31, 2015 |
Loved me some Simon ( )
  Sharon815 | Apr 23, 2015 |
Dold's writing keeps getting better and better. I liked the first book Cade in this series and I absolutely loved this book. Dold's characters jump off the page and feel real. You struggle, laugh, cry and experience every other emotion along with them.

What I like a lot about this one is that even though Rose didn't have the greatest past, she was able to work through her issues to help her reach a happy place in her life.

You really feel for Simon who not online suffered because of his empathy but also for those who have served in the military.

Would I recommend this book? Yes I would. I'm getting hooked on this series and can't wait for the next one. ( )
  kishazworld | Jan 14, 2015 |
I just finished reading Simon. It is the second book in the Le Beau Brothers series by V.A. Dold. After serving four years in the military, Simon suffers from the lack of contact he had during his service. He finds himself unable to shift out of his wolf form. That is until Anna, Cade’s mate, uses her healing gift to heal him. He discovers that Anna’s friend, Rose, is his mate. He finds that she is damaged from her past, and he does everything in his power to prove that he really cares about her.

Like Cade, I really found this book enjoyable. It’s very cheesy, but very adorable. I was hooked from page one. I mean it’s very obvious that a lot of the things in these books are realistic, but I think that’s what makes it so good. At least it’s that way for me. I love how creative the author gets with this book. I love that she made her story line very unique.

Other than a few typos, I really didn’t find anything wrong with this book. The flow was great. The wording was adorable and unique. It was very catchy. I can’t explain it further without giving things away. Overall, I loved how the story flowed. The author couldn’t have done a better job with it.

I fully recommend this book. However, if a person reads this book, they need to read Cade first as it gives a bit of a background into this book. The person wouldn’t be lost if they read this book first, but it would help them understand parts of this book if they read Cade first. I can’t wait to read the next book in this series! ( )
  WillowStarSerenity | Aug 29, 2014 |
*Book source ~ A review copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

Wolf shifter Simon Le Beau has spent fours years in the Marines and the cost to his shifter side is tremendous. Denied the touch shifters need to stay healthy mentally he has become stuck in his wolf form. If he can’t find a way to heal he may never be able to shift to human again. And human he needs to be when he meets his mate, Rose O’Leary. He has to get healthy because a shifter only has one mate and he needs to convince Rose that she’s his. No matter how much he wags his tail he’s pretty sure she won’t buy into it while he’s furry. To complicate his life there appears to be an insane shifter after Rose. Get healthy, convince Rose, stop an insane shifter. A checklist that’s completely doable for a Marine.

While the basic plot of this story is great and the characters are wonderful it does have its flaws. The time Simon spends in the Marines is pure civilian fiction. It’s obvious no research was done in regards to the subject, so the first two chapters are, to be brutally honest, crap. To those unfamiliar with the military, the Marines in particular, then you won’t notice the problems. Those of us connected to the Marines in any way will find them painful to read. Simon’s ability and the fact he’s a shifter with particular needs are the only shining stars in this section.

Once Simon gets home I breathed easier. Out of the Marines and back into civilian life it becomes a story I can enjoy. It still has some flaws, but they are bearable. The POVs change too abruptly and too often for a smooth read, but it’s a minor problem. The story also moves very quickly with the characters having little time to develop rich and deep personalities. Don’t get me wrong, I love the characters, but they could have used a little extra love.

This is book 2 in the series, but I had no sense that I was missing any plot points or anything by not reading book 1 which was about Cade and Anna. I do want to go back and read Cade because I’m intrigued about his and Anna’s courtship and obstacles. So, all-in-all, I liked the story after the first two chapters and definitely enjoyed the steamy bits. ( )
  AVoraciousReader | Aug 18, 2014 |

Four years of honorably serving his country has left Simon, Cade’s younger brother, damaged and trapped in wolf form. Little did he know the only person with the ability to heal him completely would be found at home. Literally. Now that he’s found her, he is desperate to claim her. Rose is a beautiful, voluptuous woman with limited experience with men. Although she's confident, she still has reservations. Never having a family of her own, her fear of abandonment has her fleeing romantic relationships, and doubting herself. Travis is insane. A deadly loose cannon that a secret organization hired to destroy the Le Beau family by denying them their mates. Permanently. Simon’s dream will be lost forever unless he is able to maintain human form. Rose needs unconditional love and a mate to create the family she’s always wanted. Travis’s all-consuming drive is to take Rose for himself. Will Simon ever be whole again, able to claim his mate, giving Rose the love and family she so desperately craves? Or will Travis destroy them both?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:53 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,753,890 books! | Top bar: Always visible