Brides of the Kindred Volume One by…

Brides of the Kindred Volume One

by Evangeline Anderson

521,436,638 (4.5)None

Thoroughly enjoyed this sci-fi romance series. ( )
  MsButterfly | Aug 20, 2017 |
I ran across this series on a blog that I follow. I can’t remember who the blogger was, but she had a really good review about these books. At that time, book 17 hadn’t been published. The review intrigued me, and I wanted to give them a try. The first 4 books came as a box-set, so I went ahead and bought it. Now, I’m hooked. This is definitely one of my guilty pleasure series, and I will be reading the rest, one-by-one. You can buy the whole set, but that’s a lot of money to fork out all at once.

Claimed introduces us to the Kindred Warriors, who they are, and why the are mostly a male species. The only way they can repopulate is by claiming females of the different worlds they contract with. Olivia happens to be one such female, and she fights the bonding tooth and nail. She doesn’t want to leave her new career and twin sister, Sophia.

The Kindred Warriors are huge, powerful males. There are three types: Beast Kindred, Blood Kindred, and Twin Kindred. Each type has their own mating/bonding rituals. They are very sexual animals, but they also worship and protect the females they bond for life with.

Baird is a Beast Kindred, and as he tries explaining to Olivia what’s involved in the bonding ritual, she wants no part of it. The breeding organ of a Beast Kindred can be overwhelming for a small, human female. Kindred Warriors also love talking dirty, and aren’t afraid of telling you what they’re going to do to you. That part gets a little repetitive, but that’s their nature, so I can forgive them.

The story is very well-written with the fighting back and forth between Olivia and Baird, as she tries resisting his mating scent and the bonding. The characters are well-established and I couldn’t help but fall in love with both of them, hoping they would finally find each other.

My favorite part of this book was when Olivia went to visit a friend who was mated to Twin Kindred’s and she ended up in the unmated area of the ship. Baird hadn’t been able to scent mark her yet, so she was open prey to any unmated male that wanted to claim her.

Hunted is the story of Olivia’s twin sister, Sophia and Baird’s brother, Sylvan. The attraction between these two started in the first book, but they fought it as Sylvan was dealing with a previous failed bonding, and had sworn to never claim another bride, and Sophia had a fear of needles and vampires. See, for a Blood Kindred to bond, and implant their seed, they need to bite you. I would have to agree with Sophia’s take on this. I hate needles myself. YUCK!

This book goes into more detail about the AllFather and the Scourge and why they are mortal enemies of the Kindred. The AllFather had a prophecy about a girl with a mark on her chest, and he thinks that girl is Sophia. She could be the restart of their race, by breeding with her and siring new offspring. Unfortunately, there aren’t that many true Scourges left. I think it’s only the AllFather and his son.

While running from the AllFather, Sophia and Sylvan crash land in a remote area on Earth. There, they must hide from the AllFather’s beasts, and the only way to do that is by marking Sophia with his scent. There’s a lot more sexual tension between these two than there was between Baird ad Olivia.

Sophia is the weaker of the twins, but she rises to the challenge. I think I like her character better than Olivia’s. One thing I noticed, her name was spelled several ways, Sophia or Sophie. I’m not sure if that was the Kindred way of saying her name or not. My favorite scene is the book was while they were in the cabin. It was pretty hot.

Out of the four books I’ve read so far, Sought is my second favorite. I really identified with Kat as I’m also a curvy, plus-sized gal, and I would love having two studs lusting over me.

Kat, Deep, and Lock were introduced in the second book. See how the author does that. Each story gets more detailed with characters, and world building. The story line behind these books is plotted very well. It just keeps you wanting to read the next one to see what happens with the new characters that the previous book ends with.

This was a longer book, as the characters had to travel over several different planets, looking for the cure to save Kat. I loved the light and dark twins of Lock and Deep. I favored Deep the most. I felt their anguish as they tried reconciling their differences with themselves and Kat. Out of the three different mating bonds of the Kindred Warriors, this is the one I would opt for. I would love having two males fawning over me. Sigh.

As with each book, the animosity between the characters drive the story forward, as well as the sexual tension. The Twin Kindred requires the mating of both brothers at the same time with their female. Pretty kinky, and hot. The best scenes were when Lock, Deep, and Kat mind-melded to search for Sophia and then Lauren. But this also caused their problems.

Found is my favorite of the four books. I felt very deeply for Xairn in the last book, and I couldn’t wait to see how he overcame his father, and the rising brutal lust that was part of his DNA. I’m not into BDSM, so that part of the book didn’t really do much for me, but it was all the evil and horror he endured at the AllFather’s hands that endeared him to me. And Lauren was a great buffer to his hurt soul, though she also suffered at the AllFather’s hands.

We travel off world with this book too, and once again are introduced too a wide range of alien life forms and ideals. Trying to escape his father, Xairn takes them to a planet where they can change their DNA signature. I agree with Lauren, I preferred Xairn when he looked like a Scourge instead of a human. That’s what made him unique.

Once they got back to Earth, I thought the pace slowed down too much. The see-sawing back and forth between should Xairn relent to his feelings, or should he keep trying to hold himself under control was a bit much.

I do have to say, each book could’ve done with a bit of polishing in the proofreading department.

If you love hot, steamy books, with a terrific science-fiction, paranormal storyline, you have to read this series. I give the box-set 5 feathers ( )
  saharafoley | Apr 28, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,173,916 books! | Top bar: Always visible