If You've Got It, Haunt It by Rose Pressey

If You've Got It, Haunt It

by Rose Pressey

the usual fare from this genre. ( )
  yonitdm | Jan 18, 2017 |
IF YOU'VE GOT IT, HAUNT IT is a sweet read safe enough to share with your aging grandmother or your preteen, although, I can only imagine grandma would like the story better. Filled with a true appreciation for nostalgia, the characters stay in character and transport you to their homey little town where women are ladies and men are gentlemen.

Sadly, the actual plot gets lost in painting beautiful pictures of retro clothing and polite small talk. I seriously had to read the last couple of chapters twice just to find out who the murderer was, it was such an afterthought to the story's ending.

As a series, I can only hope the author allows the characters to grow from meek, hogtied ladies into bold investigators. And please, please keep the ouija board communications with the cat. Probably the most unique and entertaining aspect of the whole book. ( )
  FrancineZane | Mar 18, 2016 |
Cute and fun romp

I liked this very much, it was a sweet, fun read. I liked the characters, plot and dialogue. A great ghost story/ mystery/ romance, and found the perfect balance between the three.

katsmiao | Oct 23, 2015 |

"Cookie Chanel has a passion for fashion--and a murder mystery to solve! Cookie Chanel has opened her own vintage clothing boutique, It's Vintage, Y'All, in the charming town of Sugar Creek, Georgia. Always on the lookout for stylish second-hand steals, she attends the estate sale of deceased socialite Charlotte Meadows. But she gets a lot more than she bargained for when Charlotte's ghost appears before her--offering fashion advice and begging Cookie to find out who murdered her. As the persistent poltergeist tags along and a possibly psychic pussycat moves into the shop, Cookie sorts through racks of suspects to see who may be hiding some skeletons in the closet. Do a clothing store owner and a disembodied socialite have a ghost of a chance of collaring a killer--or will Cookie's life be the next one hanging by a thread?"--Page [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,744,209 books! | Top bar: Always visible