Day Camp in Hawaii by Paula Knoderer Hrbacek

Day Camp in Hawaii

by Paula Knoderer Hrbacek

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byjimmaclachlan

My kids are long out of Indian Guides, Scouts, &/or Pony Club, but I did my time as a leader & volunteer in all those organizations & more. I've never run a day camp, but I've faced the problems of how to keep the little monsters busy for weekly meetings, weekend camp outs or days when our best laid plans just made the gods laugh & we had to find something else for them to do. I wish I'd had this book!!!

Although this book has the Hawaii theme, the suggested activities could easily be changed for any place & Paula is a woman after my own heart - a scavenger. Seriously, the funding for activities is always minimal & the prep time is huge & often complicated. She lists a lot of quick, cheap ways to do or make a lot of neat things without a lot of time, special tools, skills or anything else. Under her tutelage, you don't even need a lot of imagination to come up with something special.

The author provided me with a free copy for a review to spread the word. It wasn't a chore, but a joy to go through this. I even got a couple of ideas for awards that my wife, a school bus driver, can use. I can't recommend this highly enough for anyone with kids. There are a lot of things I would have or did use to keep my own kids busy. Much better than planting them in front of the TV. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Aug 18, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,504,995 books! | Top bar: Always visible