Without Honour by Robb W. J. Ellis

Without Honour

by Robb W. J. Ellis

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byjimmaclachlan

Robb is about my age & became a policeman in the late 70's in Rhodesia, as it was going through its independence. It's a horrifying, but really interesting story. Reader's Digest said his overview of the political conflict was one of the best ever written. It was somewhat confusing to me as many of the names are similar & everything was unfamiliar. Who is doing what to whom & why often required me to jump back to the beginning & do a bit of re-reading. It was worth it. It sure puts our political situation into perspective - a good one. We might bitch & moan about how the country is going to the dogs, but this is a real eye-opener.

It took me a while to get through it. It was just too horrible in places - depressing. Well worth the read, though. I realized just how poorly world affairs are reported & how lucky we really are. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Aug 18, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,572,713 books! | Top bar: Always visible