Lucky Day (Jasper Dent, #0.1) by Barry Lyga

Lucky Day (Jasper Dent, #0.1)

by Barry Lyga

202515,329 (3.63)None

This prequel is a quick read and takes place before “I Hunt Killers.” It doesn't need to be read before beginning the Jasper Dent series. Read the rest of the review on my blog: http://shouldireaditornot.wordpress.com/2014/12/21/lucky-day-career-day-neutral-... ( )
  ShouldIReadIt | Dec 20, 2014 |
Might I say I love what this writer has been doing? Especially regarding the I Hunt Killers series. Each book proved to be a page-turner and I look forward to the release of the next (final?) novel.

Lucky Day was just as immersive - I read it in one sitting, though, of course, it was shorter to begin with. I'm not quite sure whether the fact that this novella was a prequel helped or hurt it. Since it focused on the character of G. William, I didn't anticipate liking it as much as I did, which was a plus. But then the climax was focused on the arrest of the killer, someone who anyone who had read the previous two books would already know, therefore making G. William's internal conflict the greatest appeal. On the other hand, when you know who the killer is but the other character doesn't, that creates dramatic irony, even anxiety in the reader if they had become personally invested in the character. Not to mention, for the brief time that the reader gets to see the younger Jasper towards the end of the book, it just feels heartbreaking.

Messing with your feels, page by page! ( )
  MoonSpider | Aug 21, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,990,341 books! | Top bar: Always visible