The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson

The Kind Worth Killing (edition 1800)

by Peter Swanson (Author)

Member:justmelissa
Title:The Kind Worth Killing
Authors:Peter Swanson (Author)
Info:Faber & Faber; Main edition (2015-09-03) (1800)
Collections:Your library, 2016
Rating:***
Tags:2016/03, thriller

The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson

English (66)  Italian (1)  All languages (67)
On a plane from London to Boston, Ted and Lily meet. Does this sounds familiar? Even so, Peter Swanson gives it his own special twist that kept me reading, cover to cover.

Ted’s a rich businessman and Lily works is a free spirit. But you don’t want to cross her.

They begin a game of truth and it gets way out of hand. Just the kind of games I love reading about.

The circle of treachery went round and round, piece by piece. Things didn’t go as planned, but do they ever? The betrayals and vengeance was shared by all.

I knew what would happen…sorta…

Playing judge, jury and executioner can bring bad Karma to you.

The pacing of the mystery kept me reading, unable to put the book down. It plays with my head as I try to keep everything straight and figure out who’s going to do what to who. Do they really think they’ll get away with it? Will they get away with it? Who is they? Can a bad person be good? LOL Full circle.

The writing is fantastic. I read the book cover to cover in one sitting. I didn’t find all the answers until the very last page. Way to go Peter!

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson.

See more at http://www.fundinmental.com ( )
  sherry69 | Jan 4, 2019 |
Is there a certain type of person who deserves to be killed? According to Swanson's protagonist, Lily Kintner, there are without a doubt some people who are the "kind worth killing". This psychological thriller is full of twists and turns with several of the characters playing cat and mouse games as the plot progresses to a surprising and unexpected conclusion. ( )
  Rdglady | Nov 20, 2018 |
Wow this one had me on the edge of my seat! I loved the different points of view, how the story kept surprising me and the unexpected twists it had. Very different from other books I’ve read lately. I recommend this one if you love suspense! ( )
  kstadt929 | Oct 6, 2018 |
The Kind Worth Killing has so many twists and turns in it. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes mystery/thrillers.

Ted meets Lily in the bar in London while waiting for his plan to board. They get to talking and he makes a joke about wanting to kill his wife. Lily lets him know that she would be willing to help him and says "she sounds like the kind worth killing". This conversation sets off a series of events that bring Ted and Lily together to plan a murder of his wife Miranda. What are Ted's motives and why would a stranger he just met be so willing to help him murder his wife? ( )
  MinDea | Oct 1, 2018 |
If you are looking for a rapidfire compelling read, then this will do it for you.

A great premise, great use of narrative devices to tell the story.

Keeps you guessing all the time.

For a complete review please click on the link below or paste it to your browser.

http://onerightword.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/the-kind-worth-killing-peter-swanson.... ( )
  ashkrishwrites | Aug 29, 2018 |

Houtzager, GuusTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kinzel, FredÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Szarabajka, KeithNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
White, KarenNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Information from the Czech Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
For my mother, Elizabeth Ellis Swanson
Hello there, she said

From the author of the acclaimed The Girl with a Clock for a Heart—hailed by the Washington Post as crime fiction’s best first novel of 2014”—a devious tale of psychological suspense involving sex, deception, and an accidental encounter that leads to murder that is a modern reimagining of Patricia Highsmith’s classic Strangers on a Train.

On a night flight from London to Boston, Ted Severson meets the stunning and mysterious Lily Kintner. Sharing one too many martinis, the strangers begin to play a game of truth, revealing very intimate details about themselves. Ted talks about his marriage that’s going stale and his wife Miranda, who he’s sure is cheating on him. Ted and his wife were a mismatch from the start—he the rich businessman, she the artistic free spirit—a contrast that once inflamed their passion, but has now become a cliché.

But their game turns a little darker when Ted jokes that he could kill Miranda for what she’s done. Lily, without missing a beat, says calmly, “I’d like to help.” After all, some people are the kind worth killing, like a lying, stinking, cheating spouse. . . .

Back in Boston, Ted and Lily’s twisted bond grows stronger as they begin to plot Miranda's demise. But there are a few things about Lily’s past that she hasn’t shared with Ted, namely her experience in the art and craft of murder, a journey that began in her very precocious youth.

Suddenly these co-conspirators are embroiled in a chilling game of cat-and-mouse, one they both cannot survive . . . with a shrewd and very determined detective on their tail.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:32 -0400)

"A dark and devious literary suspense novel about a random encounter, sex, and a conversation that quickly turns to murder--a modern reimagining of Patricia Highsmith's classic Strangers on a Train--from the author of The Girl with a Clock for a Heart"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,674,902 books! | Top bar: Always visible