The Revenant by Elise Abram

The Revenant (2014)

by Elise Abram

212,551,640 (4.5)None
Recently added byamyshan, eliseabram
auras (1) empath (1) exorcism (1) horror (1) necromancer (1) paranormal (1) revenant (1) seer (1) supernatural (1) undead (1) YA (1) zombies (1)

Ancient Super heroes!

One simple game of a Ouija board ... spelling out M...A...L...C...H...U...S and it draws your attention in. And then he takes over young Hal. Wow! A well-written YA story that if I didn't pay attention to the genre category, I would've thought it was just another great paranormal book. Totally for the mature reader but also perfect for young adults. I don't think it should've had a "Young" limit, but maybe "young at heart" because this was a great read. I chuckled when Sheila told "Hal" that she'd let him feel her up at lunch.
Though, I am not young, I remembered being young ... i just never had a boyfriend that was possessed by someone's spirit. I became very attached to Zulu and Morgan. The battle of good versus evil just hit a new height for me. The story flowed well and the reader was able to keep up with what was in the past and in the present. I will read more of her stories and the way it was slightly open-ended means she could possibly write a sequel that I will definitely put on my TBR. ( )
1 vote amyshan | Sep 10, 2014 |

He wears neither cape nor cowl, but Zulu is a superhero, nevertheless.

Raised from the dead as a revenant more than a century ago, Zulu possesses superhuman speed, undetectable stealth, and a keen intellect. His only companion is Morgan the Seer, an old man cursed with longevity and the ability to see the future. Zulu has spent a lifetime training with Morgan to save the people in his visions from certain and violent death.

Malchus, Morgan's long dead twin brother and a powerful necromancer, returns to the living to settle a score with Morgan. Believing Morgan responsible for his death and out for revenge, Malchus raises an army of undead minions to hunt Morgan down. As Malchus closes in on Morgan and his charge, they soon realize the people most in need of saving are themselves.
Zulu and Kat try
to vanquish Malchus before
they themselves are killed.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,061,867 books! | Top bar: Always visible