Open My Eyes (The Evans Trilogy, #2) by…

Open My Eyes (The Evans Trilogy, #2)

by Jennifer Collin

411,664,912 (3.5)None

The Evans Trilogy is an entertaining set of stories about the trials and tribulations of the Evans siblings: Charlotte, Emily and Andy. In the first book, Set Me Free, the story focused on Charlotte and Craig's story, now in the second book, Open My Eyes, the reader follows Emily and Ben's story.

In Open My Eyes, Author Jennifer Collin weaves a heartwarming tale of family, friends, and romantic relationships. The reader is easily drawn back into the trilogy as they follow Emily and Ben's story. Their story is full of humor, drama, and romantic trials and tribulations, and there are cameo appearances by the other Evan siblings: Charlotte and Andy and their romantic partners.

After a one-night stand that ends with the dreaded "love" word from her sister Charlotte's best friend Ben Cameron, Emily runs away with her brother Andy's band for their tour in Japan. But there is more than just the "L" word that is the problem, Emily finds out that she is pregnant, and while she has broken his heart, Ben has decided to move on ... that is until Emily drops the bombshell and turns his world upside down.

Open My Eyes is an engaging romantic story that has a little bit of everything that keeps the reader engaged and turning the pages. From family dynamics, to the drama of a friends-to-lovers romantic relationship, to troublesome secrets, to the everyday life trials and tribulations, this is an entertaining story filled with humor and enough plot twists and turns that it feels like an intriguing soap opera. With a quirky cast of fun loving characters, humorous dialogues and dramatic interactions, a rich description of the setting, and a thoroughly entertaining romantic storyline, Open My Eyes is a wonderful example of what fun romantic Chick Lit stories are all about!

Even though Open My Eyes can be a stand alone read, I would recommend reading the books in the trilogy in sequential order as they flow smoothly from one story to the next. I look forward to seeing what the author has in store for the reader in the third book of the trilogy when the focus is on Andy's story.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Chick Lit Plus Blog Tours.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2014/08/open-my-eyes-by-jennifer-colli... ( )
  JerseyGirlBookReview | Aug 20, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,598,054 books! | Top bar: Always visible