Heir of Skies by Rachel Higginson

Heir of Skies

by Rachel Higginson

This is a difficult review to write. I really, really like the idea of the book. Stars/angels who are everywhere in the galaxy and protect all planets against darkness? That’s something I haven’t read before. But the way it was handled in this book? Ugh.

I didn’t like Stella(such a creative name for a star). At all. I didn’t like her love interests either. Yes, you read right. Plural.

There is Tristan who is her best friend. Of course he is really hot, like the hottest guy in school but they’re just friends. And suddenly they’re not and there is so much sexual tension you wouldn’t believe it. Apparently that’s because her future husband (it’s destiny you know?) shows up. Of course Seth, too, is unbelieveable sexy. Enter: sexual tension.

Stella is like a ping pong ball through the whole book. She wants Tristan, no she doesn’t. She doesn’t want Seth, no she does. Aaaand back to Tristan.

I found both relationships to be really unhealthy. Both boys wanted to tell her what to do. I think Stella did notice that but she didn’t really care because, guess what? They are hot. And kind of aggressive (and not in the good way).

There was so much talk about muscles and bizeps and strong arms and trapping her against walls and the like… it got really boring. Stella too focuses way too much on that. Even when they are fighting (together or against each other), she salivates at Seth’s body.

I would have liked it better if Tristan was kept as a best friend without any sexual tension at all (it wasn’t really believeable either to be honest) and if the relationship she has to have with Seth wouldn’t be accepted right away. Just because he is hot (and a jerk in my eyes) she is okay with it?

Because of the whole relationship drama the actual earth is in danger theme wasn’t really that present. Sadly.

I checked Starbright on goodreads.com and apparently it got published anew under the title Heir of skies.

My e-book version was purchased on Amazon.de as a part of The YA Readers Little Black Book. ( )
  bookstogetlostin | Jul 26, 2015 |
This book was previously published as Starbright.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,758,821 books! | Top bar: Always visible