How to Speak Fluent Atheist, Agnostic, and…

How to Speak Fluent Atheist, Agnostic, and Secular Humanist

by I. M. Probulos

6None1,268,033 (4)None
Recently added byHuffarino, AzScout

No reviews

This book will convert you, in just a few hours from a Newbie to someone well-versed in the jargon, idioms and pop culture of the atheist, agnostic and secular humanist movement. Like my 101 Lists book it is dense and packed with useful information in a concise and clearly understood format.

The concept for this book originated with a comment during one of our local free-thought alliance meetings. One of the members commented, rather matter-of-factly that "ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny." The young lady next to him asked if he could please speak English. Needless to say atheists, agnostics, and secular humanists use a unique vocabulary and numerous in-group phrases that could be intimidating to many. This book will help you understand, join in, and impress your fellow non-believers.

In addition, knowing the concepts and phrases in this book will help instill fear and dread in the faithful. And, of course, for the faithful, you could purchase this book by the millions, distribute it among your minions and help eradicate non-belief worldwide. Use the information in this book to proselytize your faith and your god and explain why all other faiths and gods are clearly wrong.

In the opening scenarios, I have included 140 terms and phrases from the over 600 terms defined in this book. These are exaggerated, hypothetical discussions between believers and non-believers. They are purposely dense with terminology so rest assured that few meetings flow exactly like this—but do not be surprised if you observe many of these terms or debates virtually verbatim as I have presented them at a future discussion. Also, most of the terms in the scenarios are not defined in the scenario but later in the category and alphabetic sections. Yes, those who favor science, reason and rationality really do speak differently than other people.

Like my Book of Lists Series (Big Book and Little Book), I will error on the side of brevity in my descriptions. Some of these terms and concepts could span pages. My goal is to help you with the shortest definition possible that still grasps the essence of the term or phrase. As an E-book, it’s convenient to have on your Kindle, Ipad or cellphone at all times. Make a point to review some terms while on the bus, train, plane or simply waiting in line. You could also have it available during your next debate or free-thought meetup group. If you have an interesting story concerning their use and how they stimulate discussions, please contact me at my website: Improbulos.com.

Many of my favorite terms and phrases refer to pop culture. Behold the banana, a cat does not become a dog, and the flying spaghetti monster are but a few. If you join a secular humanist, atheist, agnostic or liberal Christian study or discussion group, launch some of these and watch how the eyes of your fellow truth-seekers light up. (Or your foes view you with fear and trepidation as they now know you are not to be trifled with.)

And be sure to share with your friends and review if you find it helpful.

Enjoy

I. M. Probulos

[retrieved 12/17/2014 from Amazon.com]

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,304,571 books! | Top bar: Always visible