The Promise by Kristen Ashley

The Promise

by Kristen Ashley

706171,029 (4)None

3.5 stars

This book picks up where book 2 ended for Frankie and Benny. Frankie is just getting out of the hospital and Benny decides he’s had enough of avoiding his feelings for her and takes her home to watch over her as she continues to heal. Frankie is overwhelmed with the attention not only Benny is giving her but also his family who all but shunned her after the death of her boyfriend and their son/brother Vinnie seven years ago. For me the resolution of the pain they caused her for 7 years came way to quick.

I don’t want to bash this book because I love this author and the writing is seamless and there were parts of this story that were nice to get to revisit. Getting to experience more of Cal and Vi through their engagement, marriage and birth of their daughter was wonderful but other than some milestones like that the majority of this book was about nothing special, just the day the day life of Frankie and Benny with no real angst or suspense. When a book is over 500 pages there needs to be something to keep your attention.

In the end, I am happy that Frankie and Bennie got their HEA – it was way over due and this also felt like a continuation of Cal and Vi’s book which I loved.
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
Read for Fun (Kindle)
Overall Rating: 3.50
Story Rating: 3.50
Character Rating: 3.50

First Thought when Finished: Benny and Frankie-while I wanted a little bit more from The Promise I still enjoyed it from beginning to end! I loved that we took a little step back in time to get their story because I think it worked for them. They needed more time and it made me fall in love. I did think they needed to use their words more but alas sometimes that happens. The mystery was good but I will admit I wanted a little more time with it. I was excited that the Denver crew was sort of there that was awesome!

I am kind of sad and a little bit relieved I only have one more book then I have read all of Chaos, Mystery Men, Rock Chicks, Colorado Mountain, and The Burg. May 2015 to October 2015 is a long time to be down a rabbit hole but it was fun! I can finally move on back to my Historical Romance world.

Part of my Read It, Rate It, File It, DONE! Review ( )
  thehistorychic | Dec 2, 2015 |
JULY 8th release date!!!

*Happiness*

GwendolynGrace | Jul 15, 2015 |
July 8
  Heelgirl77 | May 16, 2015 |
July 8
  Heelgirl77 | May 16, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,919,354 books! | Top bar: Always visible