Path Unchosen (Daughter of Ravenswood)…

Path Unchosen (Daughter of Ravenswood) (Volume 1)

by Kim Cleary

102880,191 (3)None

When I first saw this book up for a review tour, I figured it may end up being interesting, especially with the haunting cover. Since I'm trying to broaden my reading scope to include zombie stories, I figured I'd give it a shot. I liked this story, but it was just average.

What I did like about this story, was the honesty of the main character. She was treated badly in the orphanage she grew up in, and instead of rolling over and taking it for the rest of her adult life, she wanted to do something else, and figure out who she was. What I enjoyed most though, was Rose's character- partially because she shares my name, but mainly because of her strong and feisty personality.

What I didn't like about this book, was how it sped through everything. It kind of felt like a story on fast-forward. The romance and "feelings" Judy has for some of the other characters was a bit hasty, and seemed shallow. I also wasn't sure whether it was in an alternate world, or in our future after some sort of previous zombie plague (which is what I'm assuming happened). There just seemed to be some details that were left out, and would have made things more clear.

Overall, this was a book I liked ok. I think it would appeal to zombie fans, as it did have several creepy scenes, ghosts, a bit of suspense, and did leave me feeling creeped out. The overall writing, (flow, grammar, spelling, etc.) was good, and I didn't notice anything that really pulled me out of the story, except for a few plot confusions. I would recommend this book, if it sounds interesting to you.

*I was given an eCopy of this book, from the author via Xpresso Book Tours, to read in exchange for an honest review.

Check out my blog post for this book! For a limited time, includes a giveaway!! See it here: http://desertrosereviews.blogspot.com/2013/12/path-unchosen-review-tour-giveaway... ( )
  Rose.Wallin | Jan 20, 2016 |

Rose.Wallin | Jan 20, 2016 |

When eighteen-year-old Judy Hudson discovers she’s a necromancer and sees first-hand the pain her powers can cause the dead, she just wants to deny who she is. The zombie plague is long over. She wants to find a more normal life, but that's a challenge when a beautiful otherworldly man, who claims to be her guardian, saves her life. Judy tries to set right the harm she inflicted on a spirit she raised, but new zombies attack—zombies raised from among the long-time dead. Someone else just like her is out there, and he's not trying to set anything right. To save her own life, and protect the innocent inhabitants of the nearby town who’ve become her friends, Judy has to figure out who’s raising the dead and why. She must also learn to control the darkness inside her—a seductive darkness that promises her power beyond her wildest dreams.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:01:50 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,619,926 books! | Top bar: Always visible