12 Doctors, 12 Stories by Michael Scott

12 Doctors, 12 Stories

by Michael Scott

Other authors: Holly Black (Contributor), Malorie Blackman (Contributor), Eoin Colfer (Contributor), Neil Gaiman (Contributor), Charlie Higson (Contributor)8 more, Derek Landy (Contributor), Richelle Mead (Contributor), Richelle Mead (Contributor), Patrick Ness (Contributor), Philip Reeve (Contributor), Alex Scarrow (Contributor), Michael Scott (Contributor), Marcus Sedgwick (Contributor)

Series: Doctor Who, Doctor Who: 50th Anniversary Eshorts (omnibus 1-12)

I found this to be an interesting introduction to Doctor Who. Twelve authors, twelve stories and twelve narrators. It was fun, but I'm not sure I'll be going to a lot of trouble to find more Dr Who. ( )
  njcur | Aug 12, 2017 |
This was a mostly great collection of stories where each one is about one of the 12 Doctors from Doctor Who. The only bad apple in the bunch was the first one by Eoin Colfer, whose story reads nothing like a First Doctor adventure, and makes me wonder if he'd even bothered to watch a single episode of the original series before trying to write this story. ( )
  yoyogod | Feb 13, 2015 |
Doctor Who: 12 Doctors, 12 Stories is a gorgeous set of stories from lovely authors who have created a new story for each of the twelve doctors (obviously ignoring the War Doctor). There's a nice one-volume set (shown below) but I really wanted the box set that has each story in its own book with the doctor represented on the cover (and a matching postcard for each one). This actually began as e-books of 11 Doctors, 11 Stories and then a compilation paperback, but Puffin decided to reissue it all after Peter Capaldi joined the gang and they added a story for him too.

As you can see, the author list for this project is amazing. There honestly wasn't a dud story in the bunch. I'm one of the fans who joined at the reboot but, even though I don't know some of the older Doctors very well, I still really enjoyed the stories featuring them. I'm not even sure I could pick a favorite story because they were all so wonderful. I highly recommend this collection for any Doctor Who fan or even for any reader wanting to get a taste of what the Doctor is like.

http://webereading.com/2015/01/sci-fi-experience-12-doctors-12-stories.html ( )

Hines, FrazerNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kenny, PeterNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Pegg, NicholasNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sedgwick, MarcusNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

A gorgeous, highly collectible gift edition of 12 Doctors, 12 Stories, featuring 12 beautifully designed mini paperbacks and 12 exclusive postcards in a TARDIS slipcase. Twelve amazing adventures for the 12 Doctors written by 12 of the most exciting authors living in our galaxy today, including two Children's Laureates, Eoin Colfer and Malorie Blackman, and Michael Scott, Marcus Sedgwick, Philip Reeve, Patrick Ness, Richelle Mead, Alex Scarrow, Charlie Higson, Derek Landy, and Neil Gaiman, plus an adventure of the Twelfth Doctor by best-selling author Holly Black.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:56 -0400)

To celebrate the arrival of Peter Capaldi on to our screens as the newly regenerated Doctor, this collection of Doctor Who short stories, each written by a different author, now includes an extra, brand-new twelfth adventure as part of the 12 Doctors, 12 Stories paperback anthology. Offering the perfect addition to the top-selling series, the twelfth story, "Lights Out," has been penned by self-professed Doctor Who fan and best-selling female sci-fi writer Holly Black.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,451,204 books! | Top bar: Always visible