The Edge of Dreams by Rhys Bowen

The Edge of Dreams

by Rhys Bowen

I really enjoyed this latest addition to the Molly Murphy series. As always, Molly's spirit (and wonderful sassiness) help her manage both her growing family as well as her passion for solving mysteries. I was glad to find Molly back in New York City- the historical setting was educational and intriguing, as with the other books in the series. My reluctance to give the book a five is merely due to the fact that I saw the ending (at least the main parts of it) coming a mile away. It was an enjoyable read nonetheless. ( )
  KSanders63 | Sep 14, 2017 |
With Daniel engrossed in trying to find a serial murderer on the streets, Molly is desperate to help. But, when danger strikes home and Molly and Liam are nearly killed in an accident, she finds herself with a concussion, bruised ribs and begrudgingly in the care of her mother-in-law. Daniel and Molly find themselves concerned that Molly might be the target.

Sid and Gus have recently returned to New York excited about the study of dreams. During a suffragist meeting, one of the women privately asks if they might be able to visit her niece, who is tortured by nightmares following the death of her parents. After hearing the tale, Molly begins to wonder if Daniel's murders are somehow linked to the death of this girls' parents. Can she figure out the details before Mabel is sent to the tombs by an overzealous lieutenant?

shannon.dolgos | Sep 5, 2017 |
3.5 stars I love Molly Murphy but I actually liked the stories better when she wasnt married and she had her own detective agency. Im not sure why Bowen had her give up the agency- maybe because of the time period but Ive read alot of other mysteries set in that time period and the main female character still worked or owned her own business. The mysteries were alot more enjoyable when they were more focused on Molly and her solving the mystery. Now she has very few detective parts to me and they only happen if she can scheme behind her husbands back. I wish that Bowen would write her husband off somehow and take the stories back to the way they were. : ) ( )
  EmpressReece | Aug 22, 2016 |
Molly is helping her husband uncover a serial murdered in turn of the century New York City. Her friends Sid and Gus have met Freud and are involved in dream analysis, and that help Molly uncover the evil murderer. ( )
  pennykaplan | Aug 24, 2015 |
Easy, cozy mystery read. One of the Molly Murphy series by Rhys Bowen. ( )
  bogopea | Apr 15, 2015 |
Dedicated to my fellow goddesses, Louise Penny and Deborah Crombie.  Thank you both for your friendship, encouragement, and for your own fabulous writing.  I am privileged to call you friends.  Debs, you get an extra thank-you for coming up with the brilliant title for this book!
New York City, September 10, 1905

"Don't open your eyes until I tell you."

"Molly Murphy Sullivan's husband Daniel, a captain in the New York City police force, is stumped. He's chasing a murderer whose victims have nothing in common nothing except for the taunting notes that are delivered to Daniel after each murder. And when Daniel receives a note immediately after Molly and her young son Liam are in a terrible train crash, Daniel and Molly both begin to fear that maybe Molly herself was the target. Molly's detective instincts are humming, but finding the time to dig deeper into this case is a challenge. She's healing from injuries sustained in the crash and she's refurbishing her house, which has only just been rebuilt after burning down. She's also sidetracked by her friends Sid and Gus's most recent hobby, dream analysis. And when Molly herself starts suffering from strange dreams, she wonders if they just might hold the key to solving Daniel's murder case. Rhys Bowen's characteristic blend of atmospheric turn-of-the-century history, clever plotting, and sparkling characters will delight readers in The Edge of Dreams, the latest in her bestselling Molly Murphy series"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,429,980 books! | Top bar: Always visible