The Dragon Engine (The Blood Dragon Empire)…

The Dragon Engine (The Blood Dragon Empire)

by Andy Remic

In accordance with current FTC Guidelines, please let it be known this book was received through NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Dragon Engine is like the illegitimate love child between The Hobbit and Game of Thrones. Set in a time of knights and dragons, it is a story about a group of former war heroes and heroines who decide to go on one last quest to save the life of one of their own (and become filthy rich in the process). Dragon Engine is filled with explicit sex, gritty violence, and plenty of vulgar language to go along with it….so not quite a YA novel!

The Good:

Dragon Engine has a good story and great character development to back it up. It had plenty of detail and nightmarish situations that will probably be stuck in my mind for a quite awhile.

The Bad:

The only negatives about this story that I could come up with were that sometimes it would give a bit more description than I thought was needed, and that the beginning of the story was tough to wrap my head around. In some parts of the book there was such intimate detail that I found myself just wanting the paragraph to end so I could continue on with the plot. As for the beginning, the story almost starts as if it is the start of a sequel, introducing all of the main characters at once, which made it difficult for me to connect with them in the beginning.

Overall:

Dragon Engine is a gritty adult fantasy that had a good story, great characters and its shortcomings were few. I would not put this book up with my all time favorites just yet, but it is definitely worth a read. It’s the perfect book for an adult fantasy lover on a weekend trip.

(www.FictionForesight.com) ( )
  FictionForesight | Apr 26, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0857664549, Mass Market Paperback)

Five noble war heroes of Vagandrak get drunk one night and sign a contract – to journey to the Karamakkos in search of the Five Havens where, it is written, there is untold, abandoned wealth and, more importantly, the three Dragon Heads – jewels claimed to give unspeakable power and everlasting life to those who wield them.

But the Dragon Heads aren’t what they think, and the world has not encountered their like in generations!

Think Smaug was fierce? You ain’t seen nothing!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:47 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,085,142 books! | Top bar: Always visible