Solace of Stone by David de Wolf

Solace of Stone

by David de Wolf

212,551,640 (4)None
Recently added bythefirstdark, Dream24

I received a free copy through Goodreads.
---
This book was interesting. It wasn't what I expected, because it turned out to be better than I had imagined and contained a lot of depth.

After being introduced to both Charlotte and George, we are then led to the story of the events that each of the character underwent prior to that fateful meeting at the airport. I find both George and Charlotte interesting. Both are seeking something more in life, yet don't quite realize what it is until certain events occur that are out of their control.

You can feel the raw emotions and turmoil that George goes through, especially dealing with his slowly fading father and the impact of his architectural designs on himself. You get the feel of Charlotte's hesitation in finding the right partner who isn't like her father and the similarities between her and the relief.

I wish an explanation/origin of the relief was found. Having what happened to the relief in the end was sort of a let down and felt like an easy way out. Still the relief did have a huge impact on Charlotte and ultimately her choices.

Ultimately, this book made me think about how the choices you make define and shape what happens next, and how our lives are interconnected in some ways.

The ending was pleasant and unexpected. Definitely a nice way to wrap things up, both involving Charlotte and George. ( )
  Dream24 | Jan 6, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,030,351 books! | Top bar: Always visible