Six Strings (Volume 1) by Jen Sanya…

Six Strings (Volume 1)

by Jen Sanya Williamson

212,551,640 (4)None

Six Strings is an intriguing young adult novel with a time travel twist that engages the reader to follow Riley Witt's journey of self-discovery and uncovering the hidden dynamic and secrets of her family.

Author Jen Sanya Williamson weaves a wonderful story about the special bond between high school senior Riley Witt and her grandmother Mary, who is suffering from Alzheimer's disease. Before the disease takes away all of her memory, Mary tells Riley that they share the gift of being a time traveler, and that by finding the right musical note to open the time portal, Riley will be able to discover the secrets that hold the keys to their family's past, present, and future. Riley's time travel journey back to 1973 will lead her on an adventure of self discovery and a clearer understanding of her family dynamic that will change the way she views their life.

Six Strings was a fascinating story that easily drew me into Riley and Mary's story. The author engages the reader to follow Riley's amazing journey utilizing the key elements of music, family, and first love. I loved how the story intertwines the love of music and the intricacies of the family dynamic with time travel. While the time travel back to 1973 was like taking a walk down memory lane, what I loved most about the story was the special bond between Riley and Mary. It is a special bond and relationship that tugs at your heartstrings, I loved Riley's spirit and Mary's determination to pass on their share gift before her memory is forever lost to the effects of having Alzheimer's disease.

Six Strings is a thought-provoking and beautiful story about family relationships and personal growth that will leave you yearning for more. This is the first book in the Six Strings series.

Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from the author / publisher in exchange for my honest review and participation in a virtual book tour event hosted by Chick Lit Plus Blog Tours.

http://jerseygirlbookreviews.blogspot.com/2014/08/six-strings-by-jen-sanya-willi... ( )
  JerseyGirlBookReview | Aug 21, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,314,289 books! | Top bar: Always visible