Untangle My Heart by Melissa A. Smith

Untangle My Heart

by Melissa A. Smith

541,436,638 (4)None

No tags.

This story is unique. Two men order Christmas lockets for their girlfriends as Christmas presents. Both have individual, meaningful engraved messages. The men receive each other’s, not their own, lockets when they pick them up and give them to their girlfriends, without knowing the lockets have been switched. What follows is a disaster. Both break up their relationships. This is the story of what happens after all this occurs. I found it interesting and fascinating that both relationships ended with and, to a large extent, because of, the presents. It seemed as is if this mistake forced everyone to look at and think carefully about the relationships. In the end, because they ended, I figured the relationships were never as secure as they all thought they were in the first place—not if this simple mistake could be a catalyst to their end. However, in a nice twist, the female in one meets and becomes involved with the male of the other relationship. Fascinating turn of events. I really enjoyed reading the story, and it moved along smoothly and quickly, without getting bogged down in facts and or events. The writing was well done and the characters were well developed. However, the author needs an editor. There were instances where the tenses were changed from one to another, which had me re-reading passages to see if I have missed something and to figure out what was going on. The author writes so well that I thought this was a real necessity if she wants to continue to do well. Kudos to the author for putting a new twist on an old idea and for thus bringing new life and interest to the story. I think anyone enjoying a good romance will enjoy this one, so give it a try. I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised. I received this from Library Thing to read and review honestly. ( )
  KMT01 | Oct 14, 2014 |
A wonderful heart warming story. I absolutely loved this book! It was well written, the characters were well developed and realistic as was the plot and story line and the book flowed nicely, over all , great job and well done too! ( )
1 vote authorhollynewhouse | Oct 1, 2014 |
As of Sept 2014 this book still needs a thorough editing. The many mistakes are distracting from a fun plot. Hopefully these will be corrected and the book will become a quick light read. ( )
  JaiW | Sep 18, 2014 |
A fun, quick story about the aftermath of a gift mixup. Was it really just a simple mixup of gifts? Or, was it fate intervening? What are the odds? Great descriptions and very likable characters. A heart-warming story about finding the one. ( )
1 vote blsfan68 | Sep 13, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Melissa A. Smith's book Untangle My Heart was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Melissa A. Smith is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,199,391 books! | Top bar: Always visible