Necessary Evil and the Greater Good by Adam…

Necessary Evil and the Greater Good

by Adam Ingle

If you are a fan of the movie Dogma read this book. If you are a very strict Christian don't read this book. I was raised in a strict Christian home and my mother (if alive) would make me beg for forgiveness from God for reading this book. As for me I have my own ideas on the whole God thing. This was without a doubt a book with action and adventure, humor, a little romance and a complete blast to read. The idea of Good and Evil joining forces just to get out of their boring jobs is a great premise. It was a great foundation for the chaos that ensued. And then throw in a Greek Goddess and the Norse Pantheon and you have a free for all that made me want to turn the page to see what happened next and not turn the page because it brought the book closer to its conclusion. Leviticus and Mestoph could become a series of books. Strong characters that easily carried the leads. Write more with these two and their misadventures and I'll enjoy myself through every page. Make this a movie, I'll go. Needless to say I enjoyed the Hell (pun intended) out of this book. Highly recommend. ( )
  deemelody | Oct 18, 2014 |
Leviticus and Mestoph have a plan to jumpstart the apocalypse and come out on the other end , and all they need is an Omen, a Prophecy, and 2 humans… but things don't go exactly according to plan.

This was a great book. It keeps readers engaged with a tale of epic proportions. I would recommend this book to anyone, and especially anyone who enjoys fantasy tied with apocalyptic and biblical ideas.

*I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  UrbanAudreyE | Oct 2, 2014 |
When I first started this book, I thought it'd be interesting and that I'd enjoy it. I really liked the characters Mestoph and Leviticus. The idea of Heaven and Hell was interesting and God was quite different than He is usually portrayed. The idea of ETA (Estimated Time of Apocalypse) and how Heaven and Hell were plotting the End of All Days was great. The writing could have been better and sometimes the story got to a point and I was just... really?? Honestly, I stopped reading after Hitler.

http://www.amazon.ca/product-reviews/B00L4O3HGA/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8... ( )
1 vote Kyla207 | Sep 9, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 150023849X, Paperback)

For best friends Mestoph and Leviticus the end of the world can’t come fast enough. Mestoph is a demon and troublemaker for Hell Industries, while Leviticus is an angel and cubicle jockey for Heaven, Inc. They might be unlikely friends, but they have something in common – they both hate their jobs. Unfortunately for them The End is nowhere in sight. The two take matters into their own hands when they come up with a scheme to get themselves kicked out of the Afterlife without spending an eternity in Purgatory. Their misadventure will take them from the tiny town of Truth or Consequences, NM to the highlands of Iceland as they cross paths and pantheons with Neo-Vikings, Greek and Norse Gods, and a Scottish terrier named Sir Reginald Pollywog Newcastle III.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:56 -0400)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Adam Ingle's book Necessary Evil and the Greater Good was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Adam Ingle is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,720,510 books! | Top bar: Always visible