Ellen In Pieces by Caroline Adderson

Ellen In Pieces

by Caroline Adderson

193537,190 (4.15)4

Good story, very believable characters...I enjoyed this book.

Our protagonist is Ellen, and we see "pieces" of her as different chapters focus on her relationships with different people, often through their eyes. We watch Ellen grow from a young single mother to a middle-aged divorced woman with a problem child, a young lover, an aging father in need of help, good friends and an enduring love for her ex-husband. The events in her life are so real and well written. I will look for more by this author. ( )
  LynnB | Aug 7, 2017 |
I like to read Canadian Fiction, this was from the West Coast so it can read like the literature of another County when you are from Ontario. Ellen is living some similarities to me and why I picked this up. She is my age, divorced,her child 18 years old, her father is ill and on her doorstep for help and support. It can read like the life story of a typical 48 year old women in Canada. Although not divorced I can see how people get there all too easily. I am not done reading this yet; as it seems I am not done and dusted with anything these days, so I will update when this is finished.
  JFMC | Apr 4, 2015 |
Great cast of believable, endearing characters. Set in my home town - so cool to know all the places in the story. Thoughtful fiction with a light touch. ( )
  triscuit | Jan 13, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,656,308 books! | Top bar: Always visible