When I Wasn't Watching by Michelle Kelly

When I Wasn't Watching

by Michelle Kelly

721,138,814 (4)None

Loved this book from the beginning to the end. Extremely well written and enjoyable.in a voyeuristic way. The characters were so well-rounded I really felt I was getting to know them throughout the novel; at times you like them then dislike them and so on. The ending dawned on me like an epiphany and kept me hooked until the very last sentence. A sad fictional novel that reflects the news we watch daily. ( )
  SmithSJ01 | Nov 16, 2014 |
This book follows the lives of Lucy Wyatt (formerly Randall), her ex-husband Ethan, her teenage son Ricky and DI Matt Winston, following the release from prison of Terry Prince. Eight years ago, when he was just fourteen, Prince took Lucy and Ethan's three year old son, Jack, and murdered him. This book looks at the repercussions his release has on the family and the police officer who helped to catch him.

This is a very good read. It wasn't what I expected as I thought it would be more of a crime thriller, but it's more a story of family dynamics and how they dealt with something that has such far-reaching consequences for their lives.

It's a well-written story, with interesting perspectives and good characterisations. I enjoyed reading it and there were a couple of nice twists in it which I didn't see coming.

Thank you to the publishers and Netgalley for providing a copy for review. ( )
1 vote nicx27 | Oct 17, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,989,171 books! | Top bar: Always visible