Finding Mercy: A Novel (Mercy Medallion…

Finding Mercy: A Novel (Mercy Medallion Series)

by Michael Landon Jr.

Title: Finding Mercy (Mercy Medallion Series)
Author: Michael Landon, Jr & Cindy Kelley
Pages: 416
Year: 2014
Publisher: David C. Cook
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Finding-Mercy-Novel-Medallion/dp/0781408709/ref=sr_1_1?s=b...
The novel that introduces the audience to the characters and story line was released in 2013 and titled, Traces of Mercy. Set during the Civil War, a young woman poses as a Confederate soldier until wounded and carried to a local doctor where her secret is discovered. When she wakes up, her memory is completely wiped out and her life begins at the exact moment of waking up. Nothing she does jiggles her memory and when she is staying in the care of nuns they name her Mercy. Mercy’s adventures begin to expound in this second novel, Finding Mercy, picking up where Traces of Mercy ended.
It was hard to wait another full year to see how the authors were going to either wrap up the story or share another installment. The tension begins to really climb when Mercy along with her companion Elijah find out her true home, name and family. Since Mercy still cannot remember anything, what brings family problems to a boil is that Mercy’s heart has changed along with her viewpoints on slavery.
These kinds of novels are so enjoyable because they take historical events, people or places and set them in various situations. Women disguising themselves as men in order to serve in the Civil War wasn’t new to me, but the fact women were in prison during the war was revealing. After the novel, the authors include historical information that brings further clarity to those who lived at that particular time.
To see how far someone would go to help another is compelling more so when it is during a time in our history when slaves were viewed as less than human. Using this backdrop, the authors show us how God reaches out to bring people close to His heart. Once again I could read the desperation people lived with as food supplies diminished and how hard it was to bring comfort and hope even after the fighting was over. Well-crafted, exciting, captivating and adventurous are words that make these novels a must read for one and all!
My rating is 5+ stars.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ . Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457 ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Oct 20, 2014 |

When Mercy abandons Captain Elijah Hale to search for her true identity, he goes after her. With the threat that bounty hunters might be hot on her trail, Mercy does all she can to stay ahead of the danger, frustrating both the bad men who are after her—and Captain Hale who wants to find her and escort her safely home. But when she stumbles upon clues that help her learn who she is and where she's from, the danger escalates and she has to learn to keep her friends close and her enemies even closer—if she can determine which is which!

This is historical romance with a blend of intrigue from beloved storytellers renowned for their work in film and print.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:30 -0400)

When Mercy abandons Captain Elijah Hale to search for her true identity, he goes after her. With the threat that bounty hunters might be hot on her trail, Mercy does all she can to stay ahead of the danger, frustrating both the bad men who are after her -- and Captain Hale who wants to find her and escort her safely home. But when she stumbles upon clues that help her learn who she is and where she's from, the danger escalates and she has to learn to keep her friends close and her enemies even closer -- if she can determine which is which.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,454,418 books! | Top bar: Always visible