Sabotaged (Alaskan Courage) (Volume 5) by…

Sabotaged (Alaskan Courage) (Volume 5) (edition 2015)

by Dani Pettrey (Author)

"Growing up in Yancey, Alaska, Kirra Jacobs and Reef McKenna were always at odds; now working together to stop an ecoterrorist threatening the Iditarod and Alaskan lives, Kirra and the entire McKenna family attempt to prevent tragedy in this final book of the ALASKAN COURAGE series"--
Member:Rempala
Title:Sabotaged (Alaskan Courage) (Volume 5)
Authors:Dani Pettrey (Author)
Info:Bethany House Publishers (2015), 336 pages
Collections:2015
Rating:*****

Sabotaged by Dani Pettrey

Great ending to the series. Hope there will be more one day. ( )
  Rempala | Dec 3, 2019 |
I continued my Alaskan vacation once I got home by listening to Sabotaged, the final book in Dani Pettrey’s Alaskan Courage series. If you are a fan of this series, you will be pleased to know that Pettrey finishes it off with appearances by all the McKenna clan and their significant others. The book starts out fast, and the suspense never lets up. Featured characters Reef and Kirra have their hands full with threats and attacks by unknown assailants. Although eco-terrorists seem to be the main threat, there could be hidden agendas as well. Reef and Kirra criss-cross the state making this book a true Alaskan adventure. From Anchorage to Fairbanks to Seward to Nome and along the Iditarod Trail, the two track down clues of her abducted cousin and renegade uncle. Suspense is a big part of Sabotaged, but romance is central as well, as Reef and his long time nemesis Kirra discover they have a lot in common. Sparks certainly fly between the two. Specific to the audiobook — I found it easy to listen to and get lost in.

If you are looking for romantic suspense, Pettrey is a go-to author. Begin at book 1 in the series, though, because each McKenna’s story is revealed and built upon from book to book. With 5 volumes, you are in for some great hours of binge-reading!

Recommended.

Audience: adults.

(I purchased the audiobook from Audible. All opinions expressed are mine alone.) ( )
  vintagebeckie | Jul 25, 2019 |
Hate that the series is over! Highly recommended! ( )
  sgilbraith | Feb 8, 2019 |
Dani Pettrey recently slid the Alaskan Courage series to a dramatic finish in Sabotaged, a story that highlighted Reef - the former prodigal - while still involving all the siblings & their mates to some degree. Loyal readers of the books get to say goodbye (*wail*) to their own personal favorite character/couple with a very satisfying send-off, but not before we are taken along on a dangerous race to save lives and the Alaskan frontier. I thought Sabotaged could not have been a better way to end the series! We get to spend time with all of the McKennas, Reef finally has his chance to shine, and it's all set against the backdrop of an iconic Alaskan event - the Iditarod - and the current political debates about the pipeline. It seemed a fitting way to close this chapter, pun totally intended. ( )
  MeezCarrie | Aug 31, 2015 |
Originally posted at The Scribbling Sprite.

The 5 McKenna siblings have been united, and it's a good thing too, because danger is afoot for their friend Kirra Jacobs and her family.

When Kirra's uncle, a musher in the Iditarod Dog Sled Race, goes missing, she and Reef McKenna are determined to find him. But what they thought was a simple case of missing persons turns out to be a much bigger problem. Now they're facing the kidnapping of Kirra's cousin, and a deadly race to stop a widespread disaster.

My review:

Joy.

I think that sums up the feelings I had when I finally laid hands on this book. I've followed the journey of the McKenna family since book 1 of the Alaskan Courage series, and was excited to see how the adventure concluded. I certainly was NOT disappointed.

I loved catching up with all of the old characters and getting to know Reef and Kirra better through their story. My favorite thing about the book is the likable characters and how easy it is to sympathize with them.

As a whole, Sabotaged was fast-paced, and I thought the mystery and the romance both to be very believable and fun. You romantic suspense lovers don't want to miss this series.

Content: Christian themes; Some kissing and embracing; Mention of a rape.

**I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review ( )
  ScribblingSprite | Aug 10, 2015 |

Bethany House

An edition of this book was published by Bethany House.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,804,074 books! | Top bar: Always visible