Five Minutes Late by Rich Amooi

Five Minutes Late

by Rich Amooi

Sweet story and a fun read!

I greatly enjoyed this book and all the characters. The author did an excellent job weaving the storyline around the title and the importance five minutes can make - quite profound.

There is certainly enough excitement to keep turning the pages. I found myself speeding up as the story progressed in order to find out what happened next!!!

Excellent first novel and I plan on following the author in the future. ( )
  CRMJones | Jan 4, 2017 |
Witty dialogue; likeable characters; FUN story! ( )
  AmandaB74 | Feb 23, 2016 |
Book provided in exchange for honest review.

I found this to be a refreshing and entertaining romance, with a few laugh out loud moments made even better because it's written by a man, who manages to make the story romantic without going all flowery and mushy.

Both Cedric and Ellie have issues in their past that have unconsciously manifested themselves into their present behaviors: Cedric hasn't been in a relationship in over 2 years, and Ellie is obsessed with punctuality. After Ellie saves Cedric's life, they continue to run into each other in awkward situations, but due to miscommunication on both sides, their relationship doesn't seem to make any progress. It doesn't help that Ellie's ex-boyfriend is a few nuts shy of being a complete psycho.

What I liked about this book is that with Cedric being a garlic farmer (of all things!), you might think he wouldn't be cool or have a sense of humor, but he's the complete opposite, which made the story flow better (at least to me). He even took the initiative to come to an understanding with Ellie regarding the setbacks in their relationship.

I also liked how the book wrapped up, but I do wish we could have learned exactly what happened with Ellie's ex-boyfriend; with all the drama he caused throughout the book, he just dropped out of the picture. Another small issue is that Cedric and Ellie never discussed what happened with his previous girlfriend. We know what happened due to a flashback, but Cedric never actually told Ellie the story. But overall a very enjoyable story! ( )
  scottnl | Oct 17, 2014 |
I wasn't sure what to expect from a male romance writer but was delightfully surprised. A fun story with very likable characters that will have you hoping everything will work its self out. A very good debut novel. I loved the dogs role in the story and look forward to reading mr. Amooi's second novel. ( )
  blsfan68 | Oct 14, 2014 |
Finally a love story so real we can truly wish it for ourselves! There was so much to love about this book: A good love story with great characters, great dialogue, and parts that made me laugh out loud. Typically, a love story starts off with the female lead and all about her life, then we get introduced to her male lead and learn just enough about him to understand why they should be together. Not in this book! We start off with the male lead, Cedric, and get an idea of who he is right away. Then we meet Ellie. Before we even read about these two being together, you know they will be great. It is like being a mutual friend and wanting to set them up on a date. When they finally get together, it is just how I imagined it would be - lots of fun and nothing of the superficial "I love you's" over and over that make the love scenes a bit awkward at times. The ending of the book was perfect. There really is nothing more to say about that! ( )
  nerdalert58 | Oct 13, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Rich Amooi's book Five Minutes Late was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Rich Amooi is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,924,470 books! | Top bar: Always visible