Selective/Memory: The Depth of Emotion…

Selective/Memory: The "Depth of Emotion" Book 2 (The Depth of Emotion)

by D D Lorenzo

411,664,912 (4)None

The Story
This story is a very gripping tale of what happens when two people love each other so much it hurts, bad. They believe that know what is best for each other and attempt to go about life trying to live by that belief.

After an unfortunate event took place in the first story, we pick back up with the two main characters, hope that there is a possibility things will get better, but they do the exact opposite.

How do you know when to stop yourself? To stop for thinking about him/her? To stop turning to drink and other things to cope? How do you know when to say sorry?
Watch our two favourite characters battle with friends, family, themselves and each other to try and answer these questions. As they come to terms with the place they are in, they have to decide if they are happy being apart.

Ultimately they must answer: Can they live without each other?

What I Thought

I feel as though I've been on a whirlwind of adventure! Our two favourite characters battle throughout the story, in both love and hate. They work so hard to try and come to terms with the accident, in their own ways. Soon, they learn that they must travel this path on their own, but They soon find that can't really cope alone.

I love that the two are so madly in love that they get caught in the same trap we often find ourselves in: We think we know what is best, We do said thing, We try to stick to it, We hurt the one we love, We hurt ourselves. Reading through the turmoil and love wrapped into this story had me in a mix of emotions. I was angry one minute and blubbering the next. It was great to really be able to get emerged in their story, as if it were my own.

The writing style in this book is better. It is detailed, but not overly wordy and it really shows the emotion. I felt that the pace and depth of emotion and character were brilliant. The story kept moving quick enough that you were able to feel yourself going through the emotions, rather than just reading the details about them. The characters had a huge level of depth, and that was entirely needed for this book. With the number of emotions we went through and the strength of those emotions, we needed to know our characters more, to be able to feel as though we know enough about them to be their best mate. D.D Lorenzo has done this to perfection, without bogging down the story.

I would, honestly, say that this is a fantastic read. It does have heavy emotion and situations, so best left to adults and be prepared when you open the cover, you will get hooked and emotional. I would highly recommend you grab this read.

I, for one, am counting the days until I open the cover of the third book. ( )
  naturalbri | Oct 11, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,757,731 books! | Top bar: Always visible