Worlds Together, Worlds Apart: A History of…

by Robert Tignor, Jeremy Adelman, Stephen Aron, Stephen Kotkin, Suzanne Marchand2 more, Gyan Prakash, Michael Tsin

131723,089 (3)1
Member:alu042
Title:Worlds Together, Worlds Apart: A History of the World: From 1000 CE to the Present (Third Edition) (Vol. 2)
Authors:Robert Tignor
Other authors:Jeremy Adelman, Stephen Aron, Stephen Kotkin, Suzanne Marchand, Gyan Prakash1 more, Michael Tsin
Info:W. W. Norton & Company (2010), Edition: Third Edition, Paperback, 480 pages
Collections:eBooks, Your library (inactive)
Tags:history

Worlds Together, Worlds Apart: A History of the World: From 1000 CE to the Present (Third Edition) (Vol. 2) by Robert Tignor

I don't usually read textbooks in my free time, or count them as part of my reading total, but I read this one as part of a Coursera course. I found it to be surprisingly good, and well above average in terms of quality. I've always been interested in history, and am happy to say I learned quite a bit from this book. For casual use, I wouldn't recommend it, but if you're taking a class that requires or even just recommends it, then you can be glad to have one of the better choices out there, in my experience. ( )
  TiffanyAK | Jan 10, 2013 |

The most global approach to world history, now more streamlined and accessible.

Worlds Together, Worlds Apart is organized around major world history stories and themes: the emergence of cities, the building of the Silk Road, the spread of major religions, the spread of the Black Death, the Age of Exploration, alternatives to 19th-century capitalism, the rise of modern nation-states and empires, and more. In the Third Edition, the text has been compressed and streamlined to heighten emphasis on world history stories and themes throughout.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:14 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,175,775 books! | Top bar: Always visible