Let Love Live by Melissa Collins

Let Love Live

by Melissa Collins

Series: Let Love (5)

203515,329 (3.6)None

This book is divided into two parts.

Both are amazing, but it's part one that really got to me. Lawd! I bawled and bawled, like I could not see my kindle screen for the tears at some point. It was beautiful and tragic and all the things I love about a great pull my heartstrings story.

It made me wish I could protect this beautiful love from the cruel reality that is the world sometimes."Dylan, I'm sorry I couldn't be everything you needed, everything you deserved. I love you. I always will. I'm sorry."

So I did the only thing I could think of. I got in my car and drove.

Part two lightens the mood without letting go of the heartstrings. "What are you my gay wingman?"It's about second chances at happiness in life, picking up the pieces.

This is a story of heartbreak and coming back from it. It's also a story of how much impact people have on each other's lives. I highly recommend reading it.

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

FULL REVIEW CAN BE FOUND AT http://fangirlmomentsandmytwocents.blogspot.com/2014/08/let-love-live-by-melissa... ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
The reason why I was struggling a little with this novel, is also highlighted by the author in the terminal notes: this is the story of Dylan, trying to surviving the tragedy of having his first boyfriend commit suicide in their teenage years to break free from an abusive father. The author not only decided to let us "meet" Shane, a good part of the novel is set around the time when Dylan and Shane, childhood friends, admit their love for each other, but also give Shane voice, he is the one telling us part of his story right up to the moment when he takes his dramatic step. Reading and listening to him, knowing what he will do, his heartbreaking, and I usually struggle with a story if I don't see a light at the horizon.

The light was Conner, a goodhearted hunk of a man, a former wrestler who is now managing a gym; gay and without no desire to hide it, he is the one who asks Dylan more than a one night stand, he doesn't wan't sex, he wants love, and Dylan has buried his willingness to love with Shane. Coming out from that dark place is not easy, but it seems that Conner is worth the fight.

This was a new author to me, but I really appreciated the romance, from what I understood, the author writes both heterosexual than gay romance, and that is what I'm saying, it's not that the previous books in the series are het and this one is gay, like they are separate things, the whole series is about romance, beyond the gender.

elisa.rolle | Sep 14, 2014 |
I have always, always sworn I would never read a book about two guys. I just didn't think I could enjoy it or feel about the characters the way I do with traditional romances....I was so wing! Ms Collins really brought Dylan, Shane and Conner to life and made me feel their journey in such a profound way. (I even found myself more than a little turned on while reading.)

I think this story needs to be read by everyone! I have had several friends who were gay and it's not that I don't support their lives, I just didn't think I could ever feel what they feel. I am not sure how Ms Collins was able to take two dudes and turn them into two of my favorite characters from ask time, but I an very grateful I took the plunge and read Let Live In. Now I am dying to go back and read how all the rest of this came together in the te3st of the series ( )
  lornajarkin | Aug 22, 2014 |

Who would you become if you lost the only person who ever mattered? For twenty-six year old Dylan Hopkins, the answer is easy. He’s become no one. Memories of the happier times are all he has left as he finds himself meandering numbly through his now dull life. Though he cares about his work and family dearly, he’s yet to let himself find love again. Afraid of letting go of what he once had, Dylan chooses to keep his heart buried, where it belongs, having died a long time ago. Conner Michelson is about to change everything Dylan knows. He’s every bit the bad boy persona - tatted up, ex-MMA fighter, but after an injury leaves him unable to fight, he has to rethink his goals. Having just opened his own gym, Conner can cross his first major life accomplishment off his very short list. Next up: find a man he can settle down with and build a family. Seems simple enough - a dream most people have, but when he meets Dylan, his carefree, easy-going life is thrown into a tailspin. Determined to keep Dylan in his life, Conner vows to resurrect Dylan's long ago buried heart and let love live once more.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:30 -0400)

Who would you become if you lost the only person who ever mattered? For twenty-six-year-old Dylan Hopkins, the answer is easy. He's become no one. Memories of the happier times are all he has left, as he finds himself meandering numbly through his now dull life. Though he cares about his work and family dearly, he has yet to let himself find love again. Afraid of letting go of what he once had, Dylan chooses to keep his heart buried, where it belongs, having died a long time ago. Conner Michelson is about to change everything Dylan knows. He's every bit the bad boy persona-tatted up, ex-MMA fighter-but after an injury leaves him unable to fight, he has to rethink his goals. Having just opened his own gym, Conner can cross his first major life accomplishment off his very short list. Next up: find a man he can settle down with and build a family. Seems simple enough-a dream most people have-but when he meets Dylan, his carefree, easy-going life is thrown into a tailspin. Contains mature themes.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,398,250 books! | Top bar: Always visible