Raven by Ashley Suzanne

Rian was never like the other kids. She had a boys name, hippie clothes and a non-traditional mother. The other kids gave her hell until Garrett, an army brat, moved into town when his dad was stationed there.

Garrett and Rian are inseparable until he has to relocate when his dad gets stationed elsewhere.

After Garrett moves away, things change for Rian. She tries to change to fit in. Her mother get married to an abusive drunk. Things are definitely going in the worse-off direction. Although she continues to face painful obstacles, Rian is a fighter and never gives up.

Later, Rian and Garrett meet again, but fate cannot decide if it wants them to end up together or not.

For those that get tired of the whiny females and are looking for a strong female lead, Rian is for you. I love how she defends her mother.

For those that are over the instant multi-orgasms and are looking to read a realistic sex scene, I think you will be happy also. The first sex scene of the book is perfect in my opinion.

Ashley sort of gave us a sweet boy and a bad boy in Garrett. He's definitely someone we can love.My vaginal spicy-sense tingles with every move he makes.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

FULL REVIEW CAN BE FOUND AT http://fangirlmomentsandmytwocents.blogspot.com/2014/06/raven-by-ashley-suzanne.... ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
This was an unusual story, I didn't really know where it was going, it started one way, then seemed to start in another and then the pieces begin to split and then collide back together again. A roller coaster ride is putting it mildly.

Rian and Garrett had been to school together, well Rian had had a bad time at school and when she met Garrett he looked after her, until he had to move away. Things go from good to bad for Rian until she moves and ends up in the same school as Garrett again, and they restart their relationship which is great, but there is always something to turn things bad, and they do stupid things. This is where you say 'what?' 'why?'.
The characters take a sharp turn here and it felt like I was reading a different novel. But don't be misled into thinking it's just a school romance story, it's not, it's got hot steamy sex, and some violence.
An amazing story that is a real page turner and very well written. 5/5 ( )
  JulieD2 | Jul 27, 2015 |
***I was given a complimentary copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review for Nerd Alert Book Love blog***

Rian has to be one of the most bada&& female characters in a book that I've read so far. Rian knew even from a young age that she was different, an outcast. She spent her young years being bullied because her mom is a hippy, bullied for the way she dresses, bullied for her boyish name. Until she meets the new kid in town, Garrett. Her days become brighter because at the end of the horrible school day, Garrett was always there waiting. Until Garrett's Army dad got transferred to another base and they had to move away. At 13, Rian was heart broken and experienced her first big loss.

"...Everything that's happened in your life has led you to this point..."

At 16, Rian's life suffers more hardship and tragedy when she loses her mother. Rian's life gets completely turned upside down when she has to move and go live with her Aunt. But little does Rian know that it will take another turn when her childhood friend Garrett walks right back into her life.

"...My raven is for me, not anyone else. It's a symbol of being able to be on my own - actually enjoying being alone..."

Just when you think everything is slowly coming together for Rian, she suffers more tragedy in her life. And she is left alone and struggling with how to deal. She does the only thing she really knows how, she spreads her wings and flies.

"...I've proven to myself that I can do anything. In just a few short moments, my most important fight erases the one from so long ago. It's such a freeing feeling..."

Will Rian finally have a chance to put her life together? Will she finally find her place in the world and her own happiness? Or will she just lock away her feelings and get by? What will happen when after years Garrett walks back into Rian's life again but she finds that sweet country boy is not the man he is today? Will Garrett let Rian back into his life at all or is that door closed for good? Will Rian's world come crashing down again or will she continue to spread her wings and fly?

"...This is my life and this raven's no longer content with being alone and flying solo..."

"...This raven's found her home..."

Ashley Suzanne has done it again! She has completely swept me away on an incredible journey full of so many ups and downs, twists and turns, that I sat on the edge of my seat and could NOT stop reading until it was done. I love Rian! Her strength, her courage, she moves me. I cried for her while reading even though she didn't. And Garrett, oh sweet baby Jesus, he has made his way into the top rankings of my list of book boyfriends. Yes please, I'd like to place an order for my own real life version of Garrett. Oh Ashley Suzanne, you are brilliant! You completely floored me with the twists in this book and at the end, well NO spoilers, so I will just say absofreakinglutely
amazing! I wish I could give this book more than a Nerd Alert A or 5 stars, they are just not enough! This is a MUST read this summer! ( )
  BookCrazed2013 | Aug 22, 2014 |

"...Everything that's happened in your life has led you to this point..."

"...This raven's found her home..."

BookCrazed2013 | Aug 22, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,444,805 books! | Top bar: Always visible