Deep Surrendering: Episode 2 (Deep…

Deep Surrendering: Episode 2 (Deep Surrendering, #2)

by Chelsea M. Cameron

731,138,814 (3.67)None

Novellas are the hardest to review. They are so short. Sometimes they are packed with too much information, sometimes not enough information and sometimes just right. I can't make up my mind which this episode falls under.
We are left in episode one with Fin walking out on Marisol yet again... All because she wasn't able to follow one order.
Now we are left to try to keep up with these two. Hot and cold. Back and forth. It's like watching a tennis match, but in kind-of slow motion.
Now, I am sure the story, once it is complete, as a whole will be pretty good. However getting bits and pieces at a time, it is hard to stay focused on the story.
I am used to Chelsea's other books My Favorite Mistake series and For Real. This is nothing along those lines. I am not sure that I see that as a good thing. I liked Chelsea's books. They were sweet and moving. This story is not that. It is not necessarily "Chelsea".
We do learn more information in this episode than we did in the first, but it still isn't quite vibing for me. Maybe I need to just tough it out. At this point, I think that the next episode or two will either make the book sink or swim. I am keeping my fingers that is swims. ( )
  AmberGoleb | Mar 13, 2018 |
  UANBookAddict | Dec 3, 2015 |
Review posted under Nerd Alert Book Love Blog ( )
  BookCrazed2013 | Aug 22, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,518,177 books! | Top bar: Always visible