Endure (Evolve, #4) by S.E. Hall

Endure (Evolve, #4)

by S.E. Hall

It really pains me to say this, because I absolutely loved this series. Laney & Dane, can't get enough of them!
But what was this book? It should have been the story of Zach, with tidbits of the others showing up. And should have been set in college with the rest of the series. I was so excited to read about the girl that would capture sweet Zach's heart and hearing about the amazing proposal Dane does for Laney (or reading about a beautiful elopement between the two). Did we get that? NO

It is almost as if the author couldn't think up a good enough storyline for Zach or got bored with the series, but because she had posted this book as coming out, had to throw something together. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy reading about the "crew" as they aged, but this easily could have been done a chapter or two at the end of Zach's book, or even a novella.

(Spoilers) Killing Tate? Dane has lost his parents and even had to go through almost losing Tate to a car accident already. I feel as if Tate's death was only to facilitate Bennett & Zach. Expendable because those two never got a separate story. And Bennett in this book? What a bitchy, bitter person. Not worthy of Zach at all. I understand grieving over the loss of a loved one, and it takes awhile to move on, but seriously? 20 years? And Zach waited for that? They both gave up a life and having children because of feelings they couldn't admit?

And the drama all the crew caused at the wedding of the beloved "family" of children? These people were supposed to be in their 40's with adult children. They definitely didn't act their age, but then again, neither did the kids. The "squad" kids handed out some pretty grown up advice and insight that the parents should have been doing. Trying to figure out when the timeline was, and who is who, and what was going on, since you were only given bits at a time to sort through was frustrating.

I would have loved to have read the story of Judd & Sky, but alas the author missed the boat on this. As I said, maybe she lost interest in this series.

I was very disappointed in this book, and while I will re-read the series often, I won't be re-reading this story. There was so much potential for this book, and spin-off series and I hope S.E Hall reflects on this. ( )
  TerriBowles | Jun 26, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,407,891 books! | Top bar: Always visible