Obsession Claimed! (A Paranormal Fantasy…

Obsession Claimed! (A Paranormal Fantasy Romance Novel)

by Zhu Hsia

651,268,033 (4.5)None

This review was written for LibraryThing Members Giveaways.

This was a great fantasy story, depicting Filipino folklore and culture. That was a fresh new setting for me. The end though seemed rushed and abrupt. I am not sure if it was a formatting problem in the copy i received but scene/situation changes and timeline demarkation was either not clear or not present and it was a little confusing for me to follow when the story jumped from one situation to another. The title is a little misleading though.mOther than this I enjoyed this book, especially the humor. ( )
  Ash_P | Mar 8, 2016 |
This was a really good book. Something completely different than the usual that is out there. No vampires or zombies. It was a fascinating Myth of the Philippines that was intriguing and thrilling. And not your typical romance either. That was a nice change. A heroine not ready to throw herself at the guy and let him take over. She was willing to stand on her on two feet. My only complaint was the switch between times. It was abrupt and could have been smoother. But other than that a really good read. Well written and fun. I'll be looking for more by this author. ( )
  deemelody | Dec 22, 2014 |
This is a very interesting book. The Author have a refreshing way of writing a fantasy romantic novel based philippine mythology and legends. She brought a new concept of the characters and creatures. I commend her creativity for that. Although there are few points that seemed out of place such as the telephone booth in Manila which is impossible or rare to see, an Indian psychiatrist is so rare but not impossible, the old books that is used in the story is also rare because most myths and legends are handed down from generation to generation with the word of mouth, either orally or sang as a song, the stories are mostly told by an important elder or chieftain in a specific tribe during special occasion but these still depends on the tribe itself, knowing there are only 3 tribes have a form of writing and most of the stories are compiled in National Library or archives in it's respective dialect and mostly not translated.
As to the manner of presenting the scenes of memories, dreams and reality are somewhat unclear yet it is still interesting, intriguing and mysterious in some way. The reader will get himself/herself lost in the scenes as the characters at times can't identify which is real or not. I enjoyed Zhu Hsia's style of writing because of this. ( )
  shanvelia | Oct 5, 2014 |
This is the 2nd title that I have had the pleasure of reading from this author. It was very well wrote and made me want more (as did the first one). She is a very excellent author when it come to paranormal fantasy novels. I really enjoyed reading this book. And love the concept. If you are a fan of paranormal, romance or fantasy. I highly recommend this book. I would also recommend this book as age 16+ Teen read but would be an awesome read for any adult or older if you like these type of books. And as always On the really excellent books I read I don't like to give to much of it away so you may have to trust my opinion when I call this book a Must Read ( )
  jennie111585 | Sep 30, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Members Giveaways.

This was a great fantasy story, depicting Filipino folklore and culture. That was a fresh new setting for me. The end though seemed rushed and abrupt. I am not sure if it was a formatting problem in the copy i received but scene/situation changes and timeline demarkation was either not clear or not present and it was a little confusing for me to follow when the story jumped from one situation to another. Other than this I enjoyed this book, especially the humor. ( )
  Ash_P | Sep 28, 2014 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Zhu Hsia's book Obsession Claimed! (A Paranormal Fantasy Romance Novel) was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,765,896 books! | Top bar: Always visible