Scale-Bright by Benjanun Sriduangkaew

It's a nice romance story both between Julianne and Olivia and her two aunts, one of which that dotes on her constantly.

I like the intrigue going on behind the scenes as this is set in the realm of the gods as well and the maneuvering they have to do to accomplish a task.

There is both a love story going on between the aunts as well as Julianne's love story of her own and her quest to help Olivia free her sister.
It's a story I'd have loved to read as a kid, a tale of falling in love with something "from the other side", and not something that is werewolves or vampires. Someone that is in the fairy books as "someone/something you want to avoid"

Maverynthia | Jul 27, 2017 |
I am completely unfamiliar with these myths, and this was delightful. ( )
  adamwolf | Nov 24, 2015 |
...I loved this novella, even if it left me with the feeling I missed a lot of what Sriduangkaew put into it. I don't consider that a problem besides the obvious blind spot in my knowledge of Chinese mythology. Books can be read again and Scale-Bright is one of those pieces that probably should be read several times to fully appreciate it. I'm not entirely sure that I would recommend this novella as an entry point but I will say that if you haven't already read some of her stories, you are missing out. Benjanun Sriduangkaew once again shows that she is a major talent in speculative fiction. I for one, can't wait to see what she comes up with next.

Fulll Random Comments review ( )
  Valashain | Oct 12, 2014 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,989,338 books! | Top bar: Always visible